2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a couple of squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Had a couple of squeaks

Had a couple of squeaks from my truck for the last couple of weeks so tonight I decided to see what they were...

1st Squeak

Was a rattling from right inside the dash under the radio.......pulled the face plate off and saw the main connector for the radio laying loosely on the metal surface, took a zip tie and tied it up to the side of a bracket next to it.....

2nd Squeak

With the tail gate shut i pulled back and fourth on it and it was squeaking from the top catch pins.....pulled out some bearing grease and lubed them up along with the latch, went to give it a pull now it's nice and quiet.

3rd Squeak

With a friend jumping up and down on the hitch I heard the driver side leaf spring squeaking also, first I thought it was the bushing but it turned out to be the leaf spring clamp in the front...it was some what rusty and dirty......a can of WD40 did the trick......now every thing is nice and quiet.

I know the WD40 will wash out of there when it rains so does anybody know if they make a spray able grease or some sort?.....I think I have saw something like that in the stores....

Just wanted to let anybody know if they have some noises like these to check the spots i did.....it was fast and easy.....the way everything should be

Josh

Old 05-02-2008, 07:44 AM
black04lariat
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford Fx4
Had a couple of squeaks from my truck for the last couple of weeks so tonight I decided to see what they were...

1st Squeak

Was a rattling from right inside the dash under the radio.......pulled the face plate off and saw the main connector for the radio laying loosely on the metal surface, took a zip tie and tied it up to the side of a bracket next to it.....

2nd Squeak

With the tail gate shut i pulled back and fourth on it and it was squeaking from the top catch pins.....pulled out some bearing grease and lubed them up along with the latch, went to give it a pull now it's nice and quiet.

3rd Squeak

With a friend jumping up and down on the hitch I heard the driver side leaf spring squeaking also, first I thought it was the bushing but it turned out to be the leaf spring clamp in the front...it was some what rusty and dirty......a can of WD40 did the trick......now every thing is nice and quiet.

I know the WD40 will wash out of there when it rains so does anybody know if they make a spray able grease or some sort?.....I think I have saw something like that in the stores....

Just wanted to let anybody know if they have some noises like these to check the spots i did.....it was fast and easy.....the way everything should be

Josh
Liquid Wrench makes a sprayable White Lithium Grease. That is what I use of my leafs when they squeak. I am sure other companies make it also.

And your #2 drove me nuts until I figured out what it was. A friend just happened to be pulling on my tailgate and I heard it. I use the lithium grease on those pins/latches as well.