1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Mounting... Antenna Mounting... Wiring Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:49 PM
jstnromero
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is where I mounted mine....

It is mounted on a RAM mount dogbone style mount.

Name:  Image.jpg
Views: 3747
Size:  96.7 KB

Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I made a bracket and mounted mine here (looks high in pic, but cb is equal with seat)

Used 1975StroppeBaja's writeup, so i put my antenna in the same spot because i think it looks clean and factory. 4' Firestik tuneable tip

Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Fordflanigan
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acf6
I made a bracket and mounted mine here (looks high in pic, but cb is equal with seat)

Thats pretty much exactly how I was thinking of installing mine. Did you just bolt it to the bottom square tubing for the middle seat? My concern was how to get a hole drilled in there without removing the seat. I was thinkin a right angle drill, which i dont have lol. Id love to hear any tips or how you put yours together.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
TosaFords
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madsonp
This is what I put in mine, I like it because you don't have a big box you have to mount, theres a small box that's easily mounted out of sight, I mounted mine in the glove box of the center console.

I like that a lot. I was wanting to put a CB in my truck as well after having one at work for the past year. I wasn't too fond of mounting the box anywhere in the interior as there aren't many good places in the 12's that look good. I could hide that under the dash easily. Might have to pick one of those up at some point.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:51 AM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordflanigan
Thats pretty much exactly how I was thinking of installing mine. Did you just bolt it to the bottom square tubing for the middle seat? My concern was how to get a hole drilled in there without removing the seat. I was thinkin a right angle drill, which i dont have lol. Id love to hear any tips or how you put yours together.
If you peek underneath, my truck had two small bolts going up into the seat. They were very long so plenty of extra threadfor the bracket. I did have to make little feet for it because the radio bounced around more than i liked

Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM
minke
More Turbo
Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Dropping Rear Of Headliner

I'd like to drill through the roof to mount a ham antenna but am frightened of interfering with the air bags. I've tried searching but was unsuccessful. I only need to drop the rear end and drill the hole 19 inches from the rear end of the cab.

While I'm at it I'd like to get at the leads to the bed light. My XL is so lower end it is a lower case xl and the rear seat (extended cab) has no lights. That would be my power for a few LEDs.

I hope no one thinks I'm hijacking the thread. I really want to drill that 3/4 inch hole through the roof for a NMO antenna mount.

thanx,,,
Alan
N4LBL
'11 xl extended cab 6.2L

Old 11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Fordflanigan
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acf6
If you peek underneath, my truck had two small bolts going up into the seat. They were very long so plenty of extra threadfor the bracket. I did have to make little feet for it because the radio bounced around more than i liked
Perfect, just took a look under my seat and see the bolts.Im gunna have to start playin around with some bracket designs. I appreciate the info thank you!

Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM
rbearhunt
New User
Did you make your own trim plate for around the stereo and CB
?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:38 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rbearhunt
Did you make your own trim plate for around the stereo and CB
?
Who is this directed to?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 AM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jstnromero
This is where I mounted mine....

It is mounted on a RAM mount dogbone style mount.

Justin, did u steal my CB

Name:  Cobra25LX_zps3a034c1a.jpg
Views: 3382
Size:  111.1 KB

Old 02-17-2014, 09:12 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
I see this thread has been revived but since the Cobra LX29 seems to be the recent theme this is my install.

That's a custom made overhead console and I love it. There is room between the sunglass pouches to fit a KM203 should I decided to increase my signal. There is a pouch in the rear for the kits to fit ipods or whatever in the back seat.

There is a build thread on this console here for anyone interested.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...le-thread.html

Old 02-17-2014, 10:42 AM
jstnromero
Postmaster
I think we all have the same CB King-bRanch and RUNVS. I really like mine.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:09 AM
mattop
Junior User
king-branch, how did you pull off that mount? I really like that. I've considered adding a CB to that location in my truck, but I have an 05 XLT with no overhead console. What would be the cheapest way to go about that without having to cut up or drill a bunch of holes in my headliner, or am I just asking for too much!

Old 02-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Psyclopse
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyBob69
I love the antenna mount through the cowl....I just may have to change mine around!! But here is a pic of my radio mount...... Although your is an 08....not sure if your dash opening is large enough....and you would have to switch to an aftermarket stereo if it is.....But just another idea.

What is the model/specifics of that CB? Thanks.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:15 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Psyclopse
What is the model/specifics of that CB? Thanks.
Cobra 18 WX ST II

Here is some info from another thread that I gave details in.....CB Install
"you can get an external speaker plugged into the back of the CB if the model you get doesn't have the front speaker. However, Other than size, which the Cobra I used was 1/8 inch wider that the stereo, (1/16 each side), is the mic connection. Most have theirs on the side of the chassis and that will cause problems with sliding it in the opening. On my CB it is on the front. Now if you get a model with the mic connector on the back, (although I haven't seen any like that), then maybe you can get an extension cable for the mic and go that route."

Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: CB Mounting... Antenna Mounting... Wiring Questions...