Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Senior User

deemac is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
im new...need help...what bio kit?

hey guys, im new to the bio diesel forum. Im usually on the 7.3 one. Anyways, i am really thinking of starting to make my own bio...what is the best kit out there? I know there are a bunch and i figured you guys got the experience. Im trying not to spend a whole bunch of money on one but i am considering all the options. Any suggestions would be awesome...thanks
2000 ext cab long box 4X4, 6.5 procomp lift(all spring), 37x13.5-17 toyo muds on 17x9 eagle alloys, 5"MKO exhaust, DP tuner 40 tow 80 econo 120 race, guages, overboost anhilator, 6637, AIH delete, CCV mod, foil delete, 12000lb warn winch, wicked wheel, tranny cooler, triple plate TC, more to come
Old 04-29-2008, 09:47 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
All the info you need is here: Welcome - Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website They have kits, and plans. Plus all the latest info.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I agree with Fab, Hes the man on BD.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Freshman User

bowhunter1331 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
All the info you need is here: Welcome - Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website They have kits, and plans. Plus all the latest info.
What about BioFuel Basics and DSE..
I know others are using variations of these... I have heard BIO is dangerous because of the chemicals...
Old 04-30-2008, 12:20 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
BioFuel Bsics and DSE are NOT biodiesel! In my opinion they are snake oil. Just another way for somebody to take advantage of peoples need for cheaper fuel. All the long term studys I've seen show that the use of UNHEATED veggie oil use will KILL a diesel engine. There are NO studys on these products, NONE! All you can find are testamonials...........Give people enough $$$$$ and they will say anything.

There are only 2 ways to do it RIGHT. Convert your truck to run HEATED WVO, OR, make QUALITY biodiesel.

Making Bio is easy. Anyone with common sense can make biodiesel safely.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Freshman User

bowhunter1331 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
BioFuel Bsics and DSE are NOT biodiesel! In my opinion they are snake oil. Just another way for somebody to take advantage of peoples need for cheaper fuel. All the long term studys I've seen show that the use of UNHEATED veggie oil use will KILL a diesel engine. There are NO studys on these products, NONE! All you can find are testamonials...........Give people enough $$$$$ and they will say anything.

There are only 2 ways to do it RIGHT. Convert your truck to run HEATED WVO, OR, make QUALITY biodiesel.

Making Bio is easy. Anyone with common sense can make biodiesel safely.
Well I have enough sense to ask questions... seems to good to be true,,,

WHAT heating system is recomended... can you make one yourself with... IE fuel line rapped aroung the exhaust... or some other exsisting heating source>
just thought.. off the top of my head
Old 04-30-2008, 12:46 PM

The heating system has to heat the WVO in the tank, keep it hot in the lines, keep it hot in the filter, and a system to switch from 2 different tanks. In my opinion the best way to go WVO is to use a commericial kit, and the sponsor of this forum has the most respected kit out there.

I choose to make Biodiesel because I have a large ranch and many diesels. It makes more sense for me to convert the WVO to biodiesel, than to convert all the diesels.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Senior User

renoduckman is starting off with a positive reputation.
hi

Hi im new to the Bio diesel forum. Been on the site for awhile. All this sounds interesting. Been trying to read up on it all i can. Unfortunatley i dont have land now. Do you think its practical to make on a scale for myself in a back yard of a track home? I have an 02 power stroke. Im not a chemist or anyting like that but im and elctrician/maintence man at a newspaper. Im pretty good at mechanical stuff. Thanks and take care Joe
1973 Boston Whaler Montauk
1987 Ranger 4x4 sold and missed
1987 Ranger 2 wheel drive sold and missed
Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 PM