New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

9000 gvw cant dive on parkway :(

Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordPickMeUp
ok i FOUND THIS.......................Pick-up trucks, SUVs, vans, and other large non-commercial vehicles may be required to register for a combination plate, which costs more than a standard passenger plate; the fee is based on the vehicle's weight. However, some pick-up trucks can be registered with standard passenger plates, in place of the combination plate.SO YOU HAVE A COMBO PLATE CAUSE ITS A LARGE NON commercial vehicle we should all protest this dumb law dont you think.

While we are at it..We need to protest the high cost of fuel

Old 05-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
It seems like the real issue is the rating or actaul weight. The quotes from the car dealer and the later rules from CT DOT site state actual weight. The first section of rule stated weight rating. Most states you can register for a rating for over of what a manufacturers will rate on their sticker. IF they are enforsing with scales it has to be actual weght, You cant measure a "rating" with a scale. You look at the door sticker or registration, and the registration over rides the door sticker... If its still there, if you get the drift.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:41 PM
hatchet
Senior User
Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty
It seems like the real issue is the rating or actaul weight. The quotes from the car dealer and the later rules from CT DOT site state actual weight. The first section of rule stated weight rating. Most states you can register for a rating for over of what a manufacturers will rate on their sticker. IF they are enforsing with scales it has to be actual weght, You cant measure a "rating" with a scale. You look at the door sticker or registration, and the registration over rides the door sticker... If its still there, if you get the drift.
yeah but even if you do take the door sticker off the gvw is on my registration so they can find out that way too.I really dont see what the big deal is the people who make the laws for dmv in ct are jerks ugh.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:35 PM
dzlpwr
Senior User
Get the truck and drive the parkway PERIOD!!!!!I drive all 3 of my ford 1 ton trucks on there almost everyday and have never been bothered.Infact the state police dont really care if you are on there as long as your driving normal,its the 1 ton and up commercial looking lettered buisness trucks that they dont want on there and they bust there chops.Good luck with the truck.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Originally Posted by hatchet
yeah but even if you do take the door sticker off the gvw is on my registration so they can find out that way too.I really dont see what the big deal is the people who make the laws for dmv in ct are jerks ugh.

Your GVW is not the GVWR (rating). Only what you are rated for is on your sticker or registration and the quotes from the laws imply actual weight. The only way to find that out is with a scale. doesnt matter what you are rated for if they worry about actual weight. Find out for sure what they mean. There could also be a clerical error in the law ( info in this thread seems to have discrepencis). Find out for sure.
If you can throw enough correct info at the cop, they usually let you go, cause they realize you know more about the subject at hand than they do. They have to look up most stuff in the computer when they pull you over. Ever wonder why things take so long.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 AM
satcom40
Elder User
I been stop for speeding and the state trooper didn't say a thing about my truck weight
I drive it on it a lot. no sign or ladders hanging off it. so just drive it

Old 05-16-2008, 03:22 PM
DAFBFD58
Posting Guru
I know for a fact my 02 F-250 with the lift and everything weighs around 7000. Like said above they are looking for the commercial trucks and stuff like that. I used to live in South Windsor and when I worked for General Building supply I would go by the merrit all the time. I can not remember a time that I did not see a bigger truck like your's and mine getting on there. If you do get hasseled I would say to the cop that you understood the law to be for commercial trucks not personal. You might get a free-be on it.