Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Small Block V8 (221, 260, 289, 5.0/302, 5.8/351W)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2001, 05:53 PM
New User

block0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Replacing oil pump in 302

I have a 1987 302 EFI engine in a Bronco (same year) that recently lost oil pressure. It had been taking longer and longer to come up to pressure lately (the past few months), and finally I went out to start it and had no pressure. So, I need to replace the pump. My Haynes manual says I have to remove the upper intake manifold and take out the radiator to raise the engine up a bit, but I can't see why either of these need to come off? Also, does anybody have any other advice for pulling the oil pan? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2001, 03:18 PM
Freshman User

david_mirabile is starting off with a positive reputation.

if you have a fan shroud remove it. then take the bolts loose from your motor mounts. then use a jack and a timber and gently jack the front of the motor using the harmonic balancer as the jacking point. i don't see why you would have to pull the intake.
Old 09-10-2001, 11:20 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

loudfords has a good reputation on FTE.loudfords has a good reputation on FTE.

1979 F150 351W
2003 Explorer XLT
Old 09-10-2001, 11:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Small Block V8 (221, 260, 289, 5.0/302, 5.8/351W)

Tags
1977, 302, 79, block, f150, ford, lose, lost, oil, pressure, pump, replace, replacing, small, truck