Water4Gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:26 PM
dinosaurfan
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Wink scam, but with a small bit of truth

Its a scam, but with just enough truth to capture the attention of folks who don't completely understand how their engine functions. Yes, and engine will run quite nicely on Brown's gas. And yes, you can utilize electrolysys to make it. But even the best of those gadgets doesn't even make enough fuel for you to idle the engine. Sure you could super size the electrolizers, but then you have to carry around all the heavy stuff you made, and you need several larger alternators to run them....so you gain....nothing. If one can design the very best unit that makes the gas with the least electrical input, you might, just might, be able to alter fuel economy by useing the hydrogen to speed up the burn in the cylinder and increase the engine's thermal efficiency. But this is going to be an incremental change, not the 50% or doubling or tripling that some of these guys claim. I'll bet some of the folks selling these are soon going to claim to be Charles Nelson Pogue's grandkids or something and try to sell us a copy of his 'lost' blueprints.......DinosaurFan, on an old 'puter that work threw out.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:34 PM
claytonandson
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geez,i guess next you guys are going to tell me those magnet things you strap on your fuel lines don't work either. looking into the flux capacitor,it seemed to work in Back to the Future..........

Old 05-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Beat_2_Heck_Ford
New User
I've seen and played with the electroliser and ran it on 3 amps and 12v bubbling the whole jar that is less power than ur radio and producing alot of hydrogen. And on a EFI u need to build a MAP enhancer to reduce amount of fuel ur vehicle is using by changing resistance going to cpu from the map so ur reducing not eliminating use of fuel if u try to remove gasoline completely the say use a electroliser the same size as ur tank

Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 PM
EPNCSU2006
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The MAP sensor varies frequency, so inserting a resistor will not alter the signal...

Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 AM
LastSplash
Senior User
Originally Posted by Beat_2_Heck_Ford
I've seen and played with the electroliser and ran it on 3 amps and 12v bubbling the whole jar that is less power than ur radio and producing alot of hydrogen. And on a EFI u need to build a MAP enhancer to reduce amount of fuel ur vehicle is using by changing resistance going to cpu from the map so ur reducing not eliminating use of fuel if u try to remove gasoline completely the say use a electroliser the same size as ur tank
No matter how efficient that electrolizer is the hydrogen it produces will never put that 3 amps back into the system.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 AM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 869 Likes on 721 Posts
I generally avoid taking technical advice from an anonymous person who can't spell, use punctuation, or form a coherent and structured sentence...

Old 05-28-2008, 08:02 AM
wwb
Senior User
This same thing has popped up on several threads. Every time there's a sudden increase in fuel prices, it comes up again. The first time I saw it was in 1973. It didn't work then, and it won't work now.

When the folks who know what they're talking about (and they're pretty easy to pick out of the crowd) tell you it's a scam, it's a scam. For those who keep insisting that it will "improve the efficiency of combustion" or some such ill-advised techno-babble, I say, "Go ahead and spend your money.... I'm done trying to convince you it's a stupid idea."

Just remember..... we told you so.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If a car were running on pure hydrogen in order to get about 300 miles per refill you would need to compress a hydrogen tank the size of your gas tank to about 10,000 PSI to hold enough hydrogen gas, or freeze it to the point it becomes a liquid. Now, a mason jar cracking water molecules simply isn't going to product enough hydrogen to assist gasoline for even cycle of all the cylinders. It produces mere bubbles of hydrogen --- it takes enormous amounts of hydrogen to run an engine, and significantly large enough that a jar of water boiling off hydrogen isn't going to make a dent. The impact on the combustion cycle is non-existent, especially since the PCM cannot measure the hydrogen and puts just as much fuel into the cylinder. Not only is the engine's efficiency not going to increase, its going to decrease because of the added loaded from the alternator.

Even the most efficient water splitting in the world is horribly inefficient. Its a mater, established technology and its simply a fact that it takes a lot of energy to split molecules.

This same scam was around in the 70s, and now its back. Are there really people this gullible? Are they the same people who didn't pay attention in science class because they never thought it would apply to their life? Well... it certainly applies now --- too bad some slept through class!

Old 06-14-2008, 05:54 PM
StealmyTruck
Junior User
Oh shut up girls. Never listen to anyone who lives in BOTHEL. LMAO!!!

Old 06-15-2008, 03:41 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm surprised that this wasn't posted here yet: Yahoo!
Of course, this still doesn't you can use water for gas, it only means that they could fool Reuters.

Bonus points to those who can guess how this one 'works'.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:30 PM
LastSplash
Senior User
That car does not use an internal combustion engine. They stated that the car releases electrons to power the car which means it uses the water to generate electricity which powers the car.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:59 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
I would like to see some details about how the car in the reuters video actually works. I have a simple rule, if I don't understand it, I don't believe it.
However, it does look pretty legit.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:41 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They can state anything, but 'releasing electrons' is not like opening the faucet, or releasing some gas. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever heard this term in this context before.

The reason they didn't provide more details because in all likelihood, it's a scam. Or at the very least, they presented some very misleading information.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:22 AM
LastSplash
Senior User
The movement of electrons from one place to another is more commonly referred to as voltage. The car is electric.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:41 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
A possibility here...

Maybe the Japanese are going to be coming up with something promising
along these lines of water driven cars:
New Fuel Cell System 'Generates Electricity with Only Water, Air' -- Tech-On!

Quick Reply: Water4Gas