N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

TigerDan, get off your rearend and

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:18 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TigerDan, get off your rearend and

send me down the original steering arm stuff from the d44, I have a use for it to make a space and lift the Skyjacker arm up about an inch+, depending on how much meat is there.

It'll save a lot of heating and bending as well as put the draglink parallel.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Dammit Dan,

I need that steering arm

A friend just stopped by and looked over what we were doing, he's pretty sure that I can use the stock arm and it has the taper coming in from the top...means no heating/bending of anything...if so, all i have to do is swap the GM tierod end on the draglink to the Ford...don't even need to ream anything out...and all our clearance issue are solved without any heating or bending.

Get off yer can and send it down!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Jeez, give me a chance...I've been away all weekend and nowhere near a computer or phone, (well out of cell phone range) got back late last night and am still wading through a knee-deep pile of emails.

Can't say as I'm wild about the idea of spacing that Skyjacker up any higher than it already is, but if you think it'll work...

I have to run down to Sacramento tomorrow after work. If you wanna zip up there and meet me I can hand the thing over to ya in person, or drop it in the mail tomorrow...your choice.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:44 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
I'm pounding concrete tomorrow, won't be able to make it that way...check the last part of my message though...we may not need to space the Skyjacker one up with the original arm, the guy is pretty sure the taper comes in from the top on the stock arm like the GM arm does...if it does, problem solved.