Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Senior User

RLDSL is starting off with a positive reputation.
It lives!

I finally got my engine finished up and back in the other day after 7 months being down! I may not move as fast as I used to , but at least I know it's done right this time ( dang machine shop screwed up the last engine, only made it 5000 miles before an improperly set freeze plug walked out because they were too cheap to buy the dang tool then I got the thing on the stand and pulled it apart and found all kinds of mickey mouse stuff .

It's running sweet now though
Off to Branson next week with the 5er., Just in time.

----------Robert
'92 F350 CC Dually, 5speed+3speed Spicer 5831 Brownie, 7.3 Ats Turbo,Hypermax Cowl induction, 4" exhaust, Custom Rodney Red aluminum radiator,MS Tech Fan Clutch, Solid Flywheel w/12 1/4 " Kevlar Clutch, 4.10 ,Western Hauler bed, Air seat,Warn M12000 winch, Bilsteins, Borgeson steering shaft, Aux rear air conditioner.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:12 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Awesome!! Congratulations.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Senior User

Had a chance to give it a few good test runs and every things a go.
Got the 5er hooked up, and the goody trailer behind it and ready to leave town.
Time to have fun with this thing finally !

-------Robert
'92 F350 CC Dually, 5speed+3speed Spicer 5831 Brownie, 7.3 Ats Turbo,Hypermax Cowl induction, 4" exhaust, Custom Rodney Red aluminum radiator,MS Tech Fan Clutch, Solid Flywheel w/12 1/4 " Kevlar Clutch, 4.10 ,Western Hauler bed, Air seat,Warn M12000 winch, Bilsteins, Borgeson steering shaft, Aux rear air conditioner.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
RLDSL are you going to be able to make it for our June GTG ?

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 05-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk View Post
RLDSL are you going to be able to make it for our June GTG ?
I don't know yet, but I'm not counting on it. I've got to tear back into my truck now that I have the engine straightened out and I have an auxiliary tranny to pop in there ( hopefully get a little better fuel mileage with that .85 overdrive ) and a few other goodies to get taken care of before a big trip out to California, so I'll have to see how far I get. the old bones don't let me move very fast these days.After 4 days in Silver dollar city the next week is going to be in bed

At least the engine I just finished rebuilding worked great. For the first time since I've owned this truck, the only fluid consumed on this trip was fuel

Small note for local pride, We were up there in Branson because one of my sons was in a choir competition with the Central Arkansas Children's Choir that works out of the UCA community school of music in Conway, and they won their division, and their group consists of kids from 3rd grade through high school , but they were competing in an all high school catagory and they bested groups from 3 states The folks running that really do a bang up job.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
That's terrific, how old are your boy's ?

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior User

#1 is 11, #2 just turned 3 and we've got a little girl 6.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter