North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Outer Banks Closed!

Old 04-27-2008, 02:23 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Outer Banks Closed!

Well, not completly, but close. This is for any of you that has ever been the the Outer Banks of North Carolina or ever wants to. We are in a battle with the National Audubon Society and Defenders of Wildlife who have a lawsuit again the National Park Service wanting them to close down most if not all human access to the great National Park. All because of a few little birds that may or may not nest there. Last year there were on a couple pair of nesting birds on the recreational part of the island and due to severe weather, floods and natural predetors, only a couple of chicks survived. The islands are on the extreme ends of the Piping Plovers wintering and summering grounds and are not good nesting grounds for them at all.
The Enviro group has used scare tactic, misinformation and a biased federal judge to force what appears to be a loss of one of the nations greatest parks.
Below is links to websites, forums and information to help explain what is happening. Please look over these and help stop these private groups from closing all of out National Parks to the public.

The first three are nonprofit groups. Please join to show support, donate if you can.

Beach Access Issues

Save Hatteras and Ocracoke - Save Hatteras

:: The Outer Banks Preservation Association ::

This is a forum I belong to and a local tackle shop. Loads of info here.

RDT Forums - RDT's Main Forum

This thread includes a link to a web based petition. Please take a moment to sign you name.
RDT Forums - Petition

Thanks

Old 04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
ncfirefighter46
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info please keep us informed on what is going on with this issue i know i want to go fishing out there this fall.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ncfirefighter46
thanks for the info please keep us informed on what is going on with this issue i know i want to go fishing out there this fall.
Thanks, Keep a check on the RDT forum. If you have ever been before, you probably stopped at Red Drum Tackle. Their forums are staying on top of it. Please sign the petition found in the bottom link and send the link to everyone you know and urge them to do the same. We have to show them numbers if we have a prayer of stopping this.

Search this Thread