1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expert: Gas could hit $10 a gallon

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
greyeagle
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new wells

as they said on tv if they were drilling an oil well now in anwar or some other state in america we would not see a drop in prices as it has to be refined an that is where they say is the bottleneck but it was for years crying supply and demand now we are using less than ever before an the excuse is oil demand in china has gone up it has to be greedy people politicians as well,but there is oil here but it gets shiped out to creat a inflationary price fact i live in north alabama i drive to ga to get lottery tickets i pass log trucks coming here as follow log trucks going there as i used to work in ga i asked a driver why he said they got more money that way for milage you know who pays for that now think if you had your oil well here would you sell it here at a fair price or sell it so it comes back at a ridicoulous profit hmm we ship 75% of the us oil.they can lie an say it is useless but it can be used.too upset mad as gas goes up an up;they think they can buy airconditioner where they are going!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Benchwrench
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you all know how to cook a frog? well, we are that frog my friend.
if you did some research you will find numerous articles and old videos of inventors who made 100 mpg carbuerated Cadillacs and other cars back in the 1970's and cars that run on solely upon water vapor/hydrogen. You will also find those inventors either died unexpectedly or were paid very large sums of cash for their patents to be vaulted by big oil.

here is a sample of what I am talking about;

link:
<a HREF=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3435280730043757237&q=inventor%20w ater%20car&hl=en>Run Your Car On Water Today: STAN MEYER KILLED Pt 1</a>
once you go here (to google video), look to the right and you will find the video

Old 04-28-2008, 10:50 AM
keith w
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sawbones25
One issue that most people are overlooking is, the value of oil is relatively stable. It's our American Dollar that is weakening. The weaker our dollar is, the more of them it takes to buy the oil.

Cure the sickness, not the symptoms.
The weaker dollar does have some effect. But it's not as big of a deal as it appears. Bucky has lost about 28% of it's value in the past few years. Oil is up nearly 600%. Also, the dollar was up nearly as much from 1996-2001 as it is down now. The net change between 1996-2008 is not much.

This is a speculative bubble. There has been a major bubble building in commodities for the past couple of years. Look at wheat, soybean, corn, gold, silver, copper, the list goes on.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
NekSiwel
Freshman User
Looks like more fear-mongering from the liberal media to me.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Citypol86
Senior User
Originally Posted by ironmine
...Its time for the USA to kick some *** on this problem. And, other problems...
Here, here!

Later...
Brewster...

Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
four4x4fords
Mountain Pass
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Let's guess who is going to foot the bill for the increased fuel costs to the goverment agencies??
Trash trucks, Snow Plows, Police Cars, Fire Trucks, etc.etc etc.
Not to mention the amount of fuel the military uses.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
FORDSDOWNER
Elder User
Heck I've already heard of cities pushing back the amount of cars on the road. Crooks must luv it.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
keith w
Posting Guru
Not here. Rather than cutting back, several local cities have been buying up Tahoes to replace their police Crown Vics...saying they are much safer. Granted, they are flex fuel vehicle. Of course you can't buy E85 here. They do have a couple of Chargers, I guess they don't care about those officers' safety. They also have a couple of Super Duties for some reason.

Other cities let the police and other city employees take their cars home. While I think that is a waste in most cases, I don't necessarily have as much problem with that as I do with how far they take them. Many live in other counties. You have no trouble finding government vehicles from cities 35 miles away parked in driveways here. They travel for better pay. Ironically the better pay is to offset the higher cost of housing in the city they work for. So they live here to save the money and let the taxpayer foot the bill for their transportation.

The local school board was always known for getting by with older vehicles. When I was in school in the 70's and 80's I almost felt bad for people having to drive these old trucks and vans. Not anymore. The first eight 2008 Super Duties I saw were all school board vehicles.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
DAVE67FD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I didn't hear anybody mention the fact that the major oil companies have recorded record earnings for the last couple of years. It is all a bunch of political crap.

If it even gets close to $10 a gallon i guess i'll have to see how much i can get for the wife, kid, dogs, cars, house etc... and i'll just camp out of my SD.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
johnf350diesel
Junior User
yeah i will never give up my truck but i opted to buy an old honda car to drive a few days a week. im payin around 500 a month for diesel....and thats dumb just for commuting.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I guess I won't sell my little honda CTtrail 90....100mpg or more.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by metalbender
There is a movement afoot with many of our Congress members and it goes like this. OK, we now understand (statements to Arab Emerates and Saudi Arabia) you can control fuel prices and you also must understand we have what you want, arms! Guess we need to make some better business deals...how much are you going to charge per barrel.....our barrels increase in price also or simply are not available to you anymore. Cut them off from what they need and watch the rats run from the ships. Call or write your Senators and Congressmen and let them know it is time to bring home the sheep, the wolf is getting to close.

The problem with this statement is that these other countries don't NEED the USA anymore. Remember China...and India are now in an industrial revolution...and are beginning to consume massive amounts of oil.

So...these countries you speak of...will sell to the HIGHEST bidder...whatever the cost.

Also...China would have NO problem supplying these countries with arms either...as a matter of fact...they would welcome it.

So...the USA has really put itself in a jam. Those countries can sell oil for whatever they want...and WE will just have to pay. Plus...they do not need to increase production if they do not want. Helps keep cost higher of course...

So...More demand Worldwide (including Russia)...and those countries are still pumping out the same or less oil. Who wants the oil bad enough...and who is going to pay???

Just things to think about...as the USA cannot continue to "CONTROL" the oil as it once did.

biz

Old 04-28-2008, 11:50 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,739 Likes on 1,330 Posts
Originally Posted by ironmine

Its time for the USA to kick some *** on this problem. And, other problems. Take the bull by the horns. Aren't we the greatest country in the world?
That's exactly why much of the world hates us...

Old 04-28-2008, 11:55 PM
greyeagle
New User
opec has said they have no control of their oil prices but fact feds cut interest rates makes dollar weaker raising oil prices as opec said today oil could be 200 dollars a barrel so now reprieve coal can be made into oil and the us yes the usa has 800 million tons of coal if i remember glenn becks numbers on cnn i can't freaking type but anyway montana has coal to oil in proceses but can't move forward because the gov has a carbon limit as we know coal burned gives off carbon but the gov has to set the rate so all the companys can get things set up to go hope i made some sence as i hate the oil prices but in 1980 oil was 39 a barrel gas was 175 a gallon not positive but groceries will go so invest in bulk now with the tax refund to get by long as you can just hope pray things get better before terrible 4dollar a gallon or dollar a quart!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:16 AM
meanv10
Elder User
Right now oil prices are pushing record highs because in Russia they tried enacting the wind fall profits tax, problem is that forecasters predicted russia's oil out production to keep rising at a steady rate for the next 20 to 30 years, now there production has actually went down 1% that's a big problem when your taking about million of barrels per day.

Quick Reply: Expert: Gas could hit $10 a gallon