1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Starter what will work 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
chloichina
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starter what will work 5.0

I have a 1991 Mustang 5.0 with a T5 tranny in my 60 Truck and the problem lies with the headers they are Patriot block huggers and call for the Ford Racing Mini starter. I was wondering what other options may I have? I believe my flywheel is a 157 tooth but I will double check that it is supposed to be the king cobra kit. I also believe the early Bronco's have a 164 tooth flywheel. I am sure sombody has a idea of the cheapest way out of my delema. Time is running out for the F100 family reunion in Tenn and I really want to drive it there. Thanks for any help.
Trevor

Old 04-25-2008, 08:04 PM
chloichina
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I found the answer. It was not the cheapest but I did get it from the local parts store. 92-93 Mustangs and maybe even later Mustangs they have a smaller starter with a external silenoid that still needs the firewall silenoid. It gives me approx 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of room so maybe this will help someone with the same problem. BTW the cost was $144 and the cheapest I found was $99 and they both have limited lifetime warrenty
Thanks for looking at the post
Trevor