2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust tip photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelHorse08
OMG-- Toyota and then you throw in your friend has Nissan, my friend this is Ford Country and should be only Fords! LMAO----No really why dont you have a Ford Truck? Not trying to be an A$$ but seriously this post was for F-150's with dual exit not any other type maker. Though seems as if the Japs again copy us, always imatated but they can never duplicate. Should have remained faithful, I see you have an Expy what did the cheaper truck have that The best built truck didn't? Your probably on Toyota's web forum talking stuff about the F-150? You say your a Ford guy, Dont lie!! If you were then your truck would be a Ford, The best Trucks ever made! You remember that!!!! Then you tell my pal "Tylus" his exhaust is to low and is to far out from bumper, better worry more about how much longer your Toyota will hold up then Ford owners exhaust positioning!!! What happen to the Toyota T-100? Oh ya in a few years we will be asking you what happen to the "Tundra"! There trucks are like my lighter outta fuel throw them away. Damn proud American here and Damn Proud Ford Truck owner! You must have "***** that Clank" to post a Foriegn makers vehicle on this site! Really not trying to affend but why dont you own a Ford Truck I mean you say your a Ford guy? It is not a better Truck so dont go there and it sure dont look like the F-150 either.
Lol, I'm the only person that religously defends Fords over there and DOHCMaurader or whatever his sn (Time4change on the TS) continually bashes them. Here.. take a look at one of the things where I defended Fords lol
1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton Blah blah what does it really mean? - Tundra Solutions Forum
Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to reply to his post on there.

Anyway, the reason I'm driving a Toyota is b/ of the side airbags and TC that the Ford didn't have. My parents figured it'd be the safer option, even though the Ford crashes better offset and head on but not side or rear.

Btw, this post is not about exhaust tips ON Fords. It's just exhaust tips. I posted about BORLA exhaust tips b/c they're of the finest quality. I posted the picture of my truck b/c I thought it'd help him see how they lined up - not to sell him a damn Toyota. If I wouldn't get bent over by trading it in, I would and get a Ford.

I hate Toyota with a passion. I drove that '98 Expedition with 115K miles (when I got it) over an '03 Toyota 4runner with a V8 with like 20K miles. I drove the Toyota for like 4 months and gave it to my brother when he got home from college. I couldn't stand that Toyota so I had to have my Expy. I put like 25K miles on that Expy with NO complaint and I drove that truck like I stole it. Unfortunately my dad traded it in on V-day for his second Sport Trac (one '07 and one '08).

Oh, and if it weren't for me, we wouldn't be driving a Ford anytime down the line. My dad won't buy a Chevy, for obvious reasons, and it was between like a Disco and a Land Cruiser. I was like 7-8 years old at the time and I told my parents to get a Ford Expedition. Four Expeditions later (two '98s and two '99s), we still have two Fords left in the family - none of which woulda been there without me.

So I'll be damned if somebody calls me a Toyota fan. I'm more of a Ford loyalist than a lot of people on this site.

-rockstate

Old 04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Oh and I wasn't saying anything bad about Tylus' exhaust. I was just commenting that the camera angle made them look like they were low and long. He confirmed that and explained why. In no way did I say that it looked bad, did I?

Sure, it's not my preference but nor do I have a painted bumper that I have to worry about getting dirty. If I did, then I would probably do the same thing he did or have it custom fabbed.

-rockstate

Old 04-24-2008, 05:16 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
If I weren't a Ford loyalist, I wouldn't have posted this...
CHeck this video out.... - Tundra Solutions Forum
Really not impressed with the quality - Tundra Solutions Forum
Or just read my post there ^

Over 5000 lbs in the bed of the truck! - Tundra Solutions Forum

Then there's my buddy's F150...

I think those are the ones where I blantantly defend Ford's without having to dig into threads that I didn't start. Btw, that was in the general Tundra forum where everybody hangs out. Nobody visits the other forums, except for off-topic.

-rockstate

Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Originally Posted by rockstate45
Lol, I'm the only person that religously defends Fords over there and DOHCMaurader or whatever his sn (Time4change on the TS) continually bashes them. Here.. take a look at one of the things where I defended Fords lol
1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton Blah blah what does it really mean? - Tundra Solutions Forum
Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to reply to his post on there.

Anyway, the reason I'm driving a Toyota is b/ of the side airbags and TC that the Ford didn't have. My parents figured it'd be the safer option, even though the Ford crashes better offset and head on but not side or rear.

Btw, this post is not about exhaust tips ON Fords. It's just exhaust tips. I posted about BORLA exhaust tips b/c they're of the finest quality. I posted the picture of my truck b/c I thought it'd help him see how they lined up - not to sell him a damn Toyota. If I wouldn't get bent over by trading it in, I would and get a Ford.

I hate Toyota with a passion. I drove that '98 Expedition with 115K miles (when I got it) over an '03 Toyota 4runner with a V8 with like 20K miles. I drove the Toyota for like 4 months and gave it to my brother when he got home from college. I couldn't stand that Toyota so I had to have my Expy. I put like 25K miles on that Expy with NO complaint and I drove that truck like I stole it. Unfortunately my dad traded it in on V-day for his second Sport Trac (one '07 and one '08).

Oh, and if it weren't for me, we wouldn't be driving a Ford anytime down the line. My dad won't buy a Chevy, for obvious reasons, and it was between like a Disco and a Land Cruiser. I was like 7-8 years old at the time and I told my parents to get a Ford Expedition. Four Expeditions later (two '98s and two '99s), we still have two Fords left in the family - none of which woulda been there without me.

So I'll be damned if somebody calls me a Toyota fan. I'm more of a Ford loyalist than a lot of people on this site.

-rockstate

Oh really, I dont care what you drive man you didn't have to write a book why you do though. You drive a Toyota and call yourself a Ford loyalist hmmmm. Thats like wearing a Yankee hat and convincing people your really a Red Sox fan!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SteelHorse08
Oh really, I dont care what you drive man you didn't have to write a book why you do though. You drive a Toyota and call yourself a Ford loyalist hmmmm. Thats like wearing a Yankee hat and convincing people your really a Red Sox fan!
Cept I wear a Ford hat (walmart) and drive a Toyota.

I'm not here to persuade anybody to buy a Toyota. I don't like it that much. I love Fords but my parents put me into a Toyota b/c they thought it'd be the safer of the two choices. Simple as that. If it were my choice - I'd be driving a 6.0 or a used 7.3 with 200K miles. Got a problem? I don't know how old you are but I'm sure somewhere down the line something happened to you that you didn't want but you had to live with and make work. Am I right? Yes.

-rockstate

Old 04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Damn rockstate, it seems every time you post the other posters take you to task and thread gets hijacked! I like the looks of your Tundra exhaust man, it's a clean look.

Tylus, I too was worried about the paint but I recessed mine a bit. It's been almost a year and so far so good. Unfortunately, mine looks a little wall-eyed. I just can't seem to get that SIDO Maggie to line up darnit.

Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:26 PM
RDJ184
Postmaster
but he has a ford ok... but a toy

Old 04-24-2008, 10:14 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bridge
Damn rockstate, it seems every time you post the other posters take you to task and thread gets hijacked! I like the looks of your Tundra exhaust man, it's a clean look.

Tylus, I too was worried about the paint but I recessed mine a bit. It's been almost a year and so far so good. Unfortunately, mine looks a little wall-eyed. I just can't seem to get that SIDO Maggie to line up darnit.

Haha I know. I swear I'm not a troll. Just a Ford guy trying to relive what shoulda been. I'm not trying to cause trouble I swearrr .

Your exhaust looks pretty slick too.

Btw, for anybody with the T304 stainless tips (like you Magnaflow guys), go to Autozone or what not and buy the Eagle1 Wadding Polish. It's a really good polish. I can't remember if I posted this in my first post, but I've only polished those tips twice in the almost year I've owned the exhaust. Still lookin' good - the tips that is.

-rockstate

Old 04-24-2008, 10:23 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstate45
Btw, for anybody with the T304 stainless tips (like you Magnaflow guys), go to Autozone or what not and buy the Eagle1 Wadding Polish. It's a really good polish. I can't remember if I posted this in my first post, but I've only polished those tips twice in the almost year I've owned the exhaust. Still lookin' good - the tips that is.

-rockstate
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot. My tips are looking a bit weak these days.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:36 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bridge
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a shot. My tips are looking a bit weak these days.
Not a prob. It'll bring that shine back hopefully. Mine were pretty shiny all the time but they were all black on the bottom of the rolled edge. With some elbow grease it got rid of it for the most part - as you can see. I dunno what to do with the rest of it.

-rockstate

Old 04-25-2008, 09:07 AM
electrk
Junior User
Well after all that jousting I started looking into the install of the duals on
my truck and it looks like I'm going with siso with dual tips. I've got the
35 gallon fuel tank and it really cuts down on clearances around the brake
lines and spare tire to run the duals out the back.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:44 AM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Sounds good man! You're lucky you have a 35 gal tank. I got a 26 and I'm stopping every 200 city miles.

Post some pics and sound clips! I always have a hard time finding them here...

-rockstate

Old 04-25-2008, 09:59 AM
electrk
Junior User
I'm putting on the corsa sport. They have sound clips on their site
(not the best though) www.corsa.com

Old 04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
electrk
Junior User
wrong link should be HOME