Golden Fuel Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:25 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Golden Fuel Systems?

On the X forum the discussion of an aux tank came up and someone posted a link to Golden Fuel Systems. They have a system to burn WVO in an X. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Golden Fuel Systems. The kit isnt cheap, but it is a clean setup that has got me thinking about it.

http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/pro...stems_ford.php

Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
dieselhedz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed a PlantDrive system in my truck and I would recomend it. I believe it to be better then Goldenfuelsystems.

check them out.

www.plantdrive.com

Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Do you have that system installed on a powerstroke?

Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
dieselhedz
New User
Its on a 92 idi non turbo with hopes of adding one someday. I think a powerstroke might actually be a better setup with wvo, but that is also debatable etc.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 AM
flyboyd8
Senior User
I have have done business twice with Golden fuel Systems. both times were greet products and fast shipping. I have talked with both Saumya and Charles in dealing with them and would not hesitate to buy from them again. My FASS and a used centrifuge came from them.

I believe the owner of Golden has driven on veg 122k on his Extursion mostly pulling a trailer, now if it didn't perform properly you would think he might change it.

Long live the IDI's
Ken In central NY

93 f250 7.3 NA, 58K on veg, 237K total

Old 01-23-2008, 03:26 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by flyboyd8
I have have done business twice with Golden fuel Systems. both times were greet products and fast shipping. I have talked with both Saumya and Charles in dealing with them and would not hesitate to buy from them again. My FASS and a used centrifuge came from them.

I believe the owner of Golden has driven on veg 122k on his Extursion mostly pulling a trailer, now if it didn't perform properly you would think he might change it.

Long live the IDI's
Ken In central NY

93 f250 7.3 NA, 58K on veg, 237K total
Thanks for the reply. It is the fact that the owner is running his X on it that got me interested. A buddy of mine runs veg on his jetta and older dodge. He told me the get an older pickup to run it because the psd doesnt work for veg. I never really looked into it until I saw goldens X. Guess I a might have to investigate it a little more.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:36 PM
flyboyd8
Senior User
Marc:
When converted properly the PSD id a Great motor on veg, what PSD or yr. is your X.

There are several kit co. that offer conversions for the PSD. do a search of "Vegstroke" and you will find a company that specializes in PSD's

Old 01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
flyboyd8
Senior User
Marc:

I just found your signature, the 7.3 is the best of the PSDs. ken

Old 01-23-2008, 07:37 PM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Ken: I agree on the 7.3!! I ordered my pickup the last day you could still get 02s for fear they would not let me have an 03 w/ 7.3. (turned out i could have gotten an early 03). I looked for six months for my X, found it with 80k miles. The only catch is it has a prior salvage title, but heck I go into it for 10k less than clean titles.

Anyway I just looked at the vegstroke website. That looks like a nice system, but at nearly 4000.00 it is out of my price range.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:10 AM
flyboyd8
Senior User
Marc:
As I posted I have no problems with Golden, but I have also done business with PlantDrive, they to are good people, and offer good products. Frybrid, and Fossil free Fuel are two other respected outfits, they all offer PSD compatible Items. Here in Central NY there is Vegpower, they have a good line of components to choose from also, I use their, Hot Head, filter head in my system. Most of the vendors sell the HydraForce valves they are the best and least restrictive. Grease Car in Hadley Mass has valves also but they are very small and restrictive on our larger motors. I currently use a Hydraforce on the supply and have a GreaseCar valve on the return.

Are you a rancher in Montana with a maintenance shop, if so I believe you can research what is needed for the power strokes and do you own system and install it. I believe if you are going to run Veg, you need to know exactly what and why you have every thing installed, and how to maintain it.

I have been using a Centrifuge since Oct. to cleean all my veg. I have spun 1830 gallons since Oct. The only regrets I have using the CF is I didn't start with it back in May of 06 when I converted my Truck!!!!!!!! IMHO it is the best way to clean and dewater WVO.

Start collecting and cleaning veg now, then get you truck and x running on veg. Learn what is needed to convert the PSD's and don't cut corners on heat, pumps, and valves, You will smile every time you stand on the consumption Peddle.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 AM
FrontierGI
New User
Hey Mudmaker, did you end up going with the golden fuel system kit for the ex? I have been looking to convert also, and their system with the tank underneath sounds like the best bet for me, but Ive heard from a few that frybrid or greasecar are a better choice...just want to make sure I know what Im getting into before making such a large purchase and curious to hear from others who may be running these systems.