2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's your Bed to Cab fit like on your F-150's

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
sorry man, not seeing it. can you post the pic you're talking about from my gallery? just right click on it and select properties. then copy the URL and post it

thanks

Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here ya go Tylus, nevermind can't get that pic to go up here. But if you can get some side shots up that will be cool. Anyways spoke with body shop at the Ford dealer and the guy was like ya well the beds are off thats just how it goes not one bed is put on straight or even, I said ya but I heard they can be adjusted liberally, he pointed to the bolts and said show me without drilling new holes where is it gonna move! So he pretty much said "you bought it" should have looked it over better, nice huh? Ford people seem so difficult, I mean I looked at him and said what about customer satisfaction, because I ain't satisfied! We are only talking an 1/8 off not real bad but you can notice it when you stand behind the truck and look down the sides passengers seem flush and driver side 1/8th off, but cab and bed seem to line up though so really dont know how or what to do. Has anybody heard or seen this on a truck? I can't be the only guy with the only truck with this problem.............maybe Iam.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:33 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

???? don't know...I'll try to get some in the daylight tomarrow. I dug through all my pics and I don't have anything like what you're asking for

unbolt the bed...the holes for the bed bolts are oversized...slide the bed around using that extra clearance. if you really need to, take a file to some of those bolt holes to get the sliding clearance. bolt it down tight when happy

EDIT: Got some for you. I think you're right. The drivers side has barely more offset than the passenger side. It's so slight though, that I'm not going to bother...heck, I made it 2 years without noticing.

Last edited by Tylus; 04-24-2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Got the pics
Old 04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
thanks alot Tylus..........

Originally Posted by tylus
???? don't know...I'll try to get some in the daylight tomarrow. I dug through all my pics and I don't have anything like what you're asking for

unbolt the bed...the holes for the bed bolts are oversized...slide the bed around using that extra clearance. if you really need to, take a file to some of those bolt holes to get the sliding clearance. bolt it down tight when happy

EDIT: Got some for you. I think you're right. The drivers side has barely more offset than the passenger side. It's so slight though, that I'm not going to bother...heck, I made it 2 years without noticing.

Tylus man really thanks for taking the time to take some photos of the sides much appreciated. Well after work today went over to the body shop and spoke with the manager there and he was talking about moving the bed over to equal out the offset and I explained to him that the cab to bed will still be off as far as if you stand behind it and look from tail gate to back window it perfect "right now" if they move it an 1/8th or less like he explained then the bed rails wont be even with the back window and the rear tire on passenger side will be more exposed then the other as right now the rear pass. side is out a bit more then driver side rear tire, so if bed moves towards drivers side then you see my worries about that. Also will the rear bumper move to with the bed? If not then it will be offset then too. I'll try and see if I can post pic's of mine to show you. Also while there I walked the lot at the Ford dealership and I saw lots of F-150 SuperCrew bed to cab mess-ups some like mine not one there was plush down the sides oh ya and the windshield cowlings on all were poped up while they sat on the lot, it looked ridiculous the way these nice trucks were lined up and the cowlings were up about 3/4 inch, and I know they hope a buyer dont notice. They should be fixed before putting them on the lot, the same with the beds. I counted 13 trucks with offset bed to cab finish and "Tylus" they were all "Super Crews" to, not one ext. cab F-150 was off NOT ONE it seems to only effect the Super Crew for some reason. I wonder if I should just leave it alone and not have them do it then ya bed to cab will be evn then everything else will seem off when they do it.

Oh ya the driver side pic of your truck looks like mine, but mine maybe less then an 1/8th inch more off then yours is, see if you can take some lower pic's on the sides from the back. Thanks

Old 04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
molding around your back window

Also Tylus one more thing I noticed on your back window you had molding around your back window, did you put that there? Mine dont have this molding around back window like yours thats why Iam asking. Thanks

Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

molding was there when I bought it...is your rear window solid or sliding window?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

tylus0/FX4 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

^^^
got some more pics...don't feel like posting them though

Old 04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
It's a solid back window, not the sliding window like you have. Also what do you think about what I mentioned in above post, about them moving the bed? I must point out that the F-150's I saw were XLT models, the 4x4 package, kings ranch FX4 all them were perfect but the XLT models were the ones out of align just wanted to clear that one up. Post up them pic's when you get a chance.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelHorse08
Tylus man really thanks for taking the time to take some photos of the sides much appreciated. Well after work today went over to the body shop and spoke with the manager there and he was talking about moving the bed over to equal out the offset and I explained to him that the cab to bed will still be off as far as if you stand behind it and look from tail gate to back window it perfect "right now" if they move it an 1/8th or less like he explained then the bed rails wont be even with the back window and the rear tire on passenger side will be more exposed then the other as right now the rear pass. side is out a bit more then driver side rear tire, so if bed moves towards drivers side then you see my worries about that. Also will the rear bumper move to with the bed? If not then it will be offset then too. I'll try and see if I can post pic's of mine to show you. Also while there I walked the lot at the Ford dealership and I saw lots of F-150 SuperCrew bed to cab mess-ups some like mine not one there was plush down the sides oh ya and the windshield cowlings on all were poped up while they sat on the lot, it looked ridiculous the way these nice trucks were lined up and the cowlings were up about 3/4 inch, and I know they hope a buyer dont notice. They should be fixed before putting them on the lot, the same with the beds. I counted 13 trucks with offset bed to cab finish and "Tylus" they were all "Super Crews" to, not one ext. cab F-150 was off NOT ONE it seems to only effect the Super Crew for some reason. I wonder if I should just leave it alone and not have them do it then ya bed to cab will be evn then everything else will seem off when they do it.

Oh ya the driver side pic of your truck looks like mine, but mine maybe less then an 1/8th inch more off then yours is, see if you can take some lower pic's on the sides from the back. Thanks

No, the bumper is mounted to the hitch...and the hitch to the frame.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:33 PM
danmansjimmy
Senior User
i dont still see it but its hard to say from the pics the one of the drivers side is straight down the box and the pass side is off to the side a bit so i cant really tell, mine goes in for a new boxside, under corrosion warranty, and some other bodywork to box and bumpers due to accident, thank god for insurance, so i will take a closer look at mine when the work is done, it goes to shop next week.

Last edited by danmansjimmy; 04-25-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: misworded
Old 04-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Brolli
Senior User
you can always pay Rolls Royce 350k to hand build you a truck that is perfectly perfect.

Sorry to say but you bought a production truck. But on the flip side to that
you should see my buddies chevy, lol. Talk about off.

He is the biggest chevy buff out there and he will admit that my ford has better lines and closer tollarances than his truck.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Originally Posted by SteelHorse08
Post up them pic's when you get a chance.
see link in post 22

Old 04-26-2008, 08:00 AM
silver05fx4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just had my bed off last week due to some one rearend me and i fixed and everthing at my work..but what i mean to say is on are trucks ford puts a alinment type pin up front by the to front bed bolt that won't let the bed move in less you lift the bed up and remove them and have you ever try to remove a bed bolt they just don't come out ...i had to cut mine to remove the bolts which is what happens almost all of the time and maythats why the dealer don't want to adjust you bed ....but what i would do is move the cab much easyer just move the carpet losn the bolts and get a long bar and move it over i'v done it for a few people it much easyer and nothing will be out of square

well that what i would do if it was my truck

Old 04-30-2008, 04:47 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
update here..........

Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
SteelHorse08
Senior User
Originally Posted by silver05fx4
i just had my bed off last week due to some one rearend me and i fixed and everthing at my work..but what i mean to say is on are trucks ford puts a alinment type pin up front by the to front bed bolt that won't let the bed move in less you lift the bed up and remove them and have you ever try to remove a bed bolt they just don't come out ...i had to cut mine to remove the bolts which is what happens almost all of the time and maythats why the dealer don't want to adjust you bed ....but what i would do is move the cab much easyer just move the carpet losn the bolts and get a long bar and move it over i'v done it for a few people it much easyer and nothing will be out of square

well that what i would do if it was my truck

Just an update here, had my Truck in the body shop, turns out my bed was not lined-up with the alignment pin just like "Silver05fx4" said. So now the bed to cab fit on both sides is even, I wouldn't say it's plush down the sides but it's real good alot better. Iam happy now, before it was way off on one side (drivers), they good work, happy with results, they only had my truck for 2 hours. They had to adjust a few passenger doors also. I'll take my time next purchase to look over the truck more thoroughly then I did, I was looking interior and under the hood more then body except for chipped or scratched paint, I learned alot! Thank for all help on this!!!!!