2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

extang express tonneau

Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 AM
kaerch
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extang express tonneau

i thhink ive narrowed my search to the express, keeping in mind cost and everything else i want-no snaps, low profile, rail mount. anyone have any experience with them or other input

Old 04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Rusty Bumper
Junior User
I'm shopping around as a first time buyer of a tonneau cover. I'm considering the Lorado that also has the struts that roll up with the cover. One difference I see is that the Lorado has a manual tension adjustment. I don't know if an "auto" adjust is better than the manual. The Lorado provides pretty good security with the locking tailgate since it has to be opened to unlatch the tonneau. From comments of reviewers, it sounds like the Express can be completely removed quickly and easily which is a plus if you're getting loose stuff like gravel or mulch loaded with a front-end loader.

If you checked into the Lorado, any reason why you prefer the Express at this point? What about the Ford accessory?

Sorry about being no help but hopefully those with some experience can help us out. I'm not trying to hijack the thread.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
RealTruckMan
FTE Sponsor
Originally Posted by Rusty Bumper
I'm shopping around as a first time buyer of a tonneau cover. I'm considering the Lorado that also has the struts that roll up with the cover. One difference I see is that the Lorado has a manual tension adjustment. I don't know if an "auto" adjust is better than the manual. The Lorado provides pretty good security with the locking tailgate since it has to be opened to unlatch the tonneau. From comments of reviewers, it sounds like the Express can be completely removed quickly and easily which is a plus if you're getting loose stuff like gravel or mulch loaded with a front-end loader.

If you checked into the Lorado, any reason why you prefer the Express at this point? What about the Ford accessory?

Sorry about being no help but hopefully those with some experience can help us out. I'm not trying to hijack the thread.
Also have the Truxedos on special right now. Give me a call and I will give you a great price on either the Lorado or any of the Truxedo brands.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Hematite
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaerch
i thhink ive narrowed my search to the express, keeping in mind cost and everything else i want-no snaps, low profile, rail mount. anyone have any experience with them or other input
Yes, I have an Extang Express tonno. It is really excellent in every respect. It seals the bed area perfectly (first tonno I've had that did). It went through the Winter with VERY heavy snow and ice without a problem. Extremely easy to install and use. The only quirk I noticed is that when up to speed, the black nylon clips sometimes tap on the rear window. I got two pieces of stick on velcro and stuck them to the glass, problem solved. I think that you will REALLY like the Express Tonno!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:11 AM
mjkurent
New User
I looked around at quite a few tonneaus before I bought mine. I wanted something that was secure/lockable and still gave me full use of the bed if I needed it. I chose the BakFlip for my '07 Supercrew. It installed in about 15 minutes, folds up to expose the bed, when in the "full open" position, it protects the rear window from the cargo. It's secure, all you have to do is close the lid then close/lock the tailgate. I've been really pleased with it. I'm a Volunteer Firefighter and gets my turnout gear out of the cab and keeps it secure.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Access Roll-Up Cover
Former Vendor
Auto Tension vs. Manual Tension Adjusters

It sounds like you’re looking for a comparison of the tension control adjusters between the Lorado Roll-Up Cover and the Extang Express. Here’s how I see it…
In theory, auto tension adjusters sound good, but in real world conditions there are downsides because of moving mechanisms.

1) Cold Weather - When exposed to rain, sleet, and snow, most self-adjusting mechanisms become water logged, freeze up and then are ineffective.

2) Debris and Moisture - After repeatedly being exposed to road dust, debris, and rain/car washes, most auto tension mechanisms become dirty and gritty and then jam and bind up.

The great thing about the manual direct tension adjuster on the Lorado Cover is, you set the cover tension and it stays. No hassles or worries with elements and no tools needed. Plus you avoid the real world pitfalls common to auto tension controls.

Visit Agricover.com: Truck Bed Covers and Caps - Pickup Tonneau Covers for product information, pricing, and videos of our tonneau covers in action. You can buy directly from the manufacturer on our website or give us a call if you have any questions at 1-888-587-8813 or email customerrelations@agricover.com
FTE Sponsor
Agricover.com: Truck Bed Covers and Caps - Pickup Tonneau Covers
1-888-587-8813