Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Posting Guru

Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.
How did you spend Saturday Afternoon....

This is what my Saturday entailed...

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Changing the starter motor in my truck at the crappy tire parking lot.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Senior User

05 super is starting off with a positive reputation.
you really got to sell that girl lol. at least it wasn't raining. wondered why i haven't seen you on all day. i spent my whole day on 4 forums. i'm exhausted.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Posting Guru

Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.
I was off doing things most the day.
I had to get water from the Artisan Well at Lynn Headwaters (4 11 liter jugs & 1 18liter = 2 weeks worth of water).

The tap water here is horrible stuff..
Old 04-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Senior User

05 super is starting off with a positive reputation.
too much chlorine? our water up here is very hard- lots of minerals in it. it don't taste good either. 62 litres for 2 weeks. is that for drinking and cooking?
Old 04-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 super View Post
too much chlorine? our water up here is very hard- lots of minerals in it. it don't taste good either. 62 litres for 2 weeks. is that for drinking and cooking?
18liter floor cooler/fridge is mine. HOT water for my coffee (speeds up the perk time), and 5c cold water for ice tea
Old 04-13-2008, 04:12 AM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
What did I do this afternoon... Finished off an engine job, flushed the rad, and changed the oil and filter. Grease job. Then 2 more oil changes.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
That sounds like a fun afternoon bigrig!

I went to another city to check out a dump truck. Its a 3 and a half hour drive and I made it there in 2 hours 15 minutes. I got back from there in the afternoon, then I did some tree clearing on my yard, getting a garden ready for the woman so she can grow some veggies and stuff.

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Senior User

highboy250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well first I watched the Habs take the Bruins down

The I went to Nanaimo (hour drive) and checked out a '77 F250. Goin' to get it in a few minutes now, talk to y'all when I get back.
78 F150 4x4 reg cab shortbox
"just an old half ton shortbed Ford...daddy got it right cause the engine was smokin" - Alan Jackson
Old 04-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Posting Guru

warriormama has a good reputation on FTE.warriormama has a good reputation on FTE.
Well, Al and I went around to all the yardsales. I bought myself a rechargable drill, then him and I went for lunch and then had a lazy afternoon watching a movie the the race......we don't get many days of just the two of us......nice once in awhile.

You might be a redneck if : you think the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are, "gentlemen start your engines"

BC Chapter Member
Old 04-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Senior User

Mr. Fixit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bult a backyard gate and moved some split firewood.
I did the same starter job while laying on muddy ground last year - but at least I was at home with tools, beer and almost sympathetic Mrs. In my case, it was a waste of time - turned out there was nothing wrong with the starter, just a weak battery.
Was Canadian tire able to exchange your starter or was it just a coincidence yours quit in their parking lot?
Old 04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fixit View Post
Was Canadian tire able to exchange your starter or was it just a coincidence yours quit in their parking lot?

I work for a Mechanic, and I stole a rebuilt one off a 9x E150. I'll have to replace it next weekend, or replace the brushes in mine and replace the one in the Econoline. Unless its the control pack that is dead....
Old 04-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Junior User

Equestriana is starting off with a positive reputation.
I (finally) got a better bench seat for my truck.. VERY excited to finally sit straight, not crooked
Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
I went to work.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Senior User

highboy250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I went to work.
ouch! haha jk
What'd'ya do anywho
78 F150 4x4 reg cab shortbox
"just an old half ton shortbed Ford...daddy got it right cause the engine was smokin" - Alan Jackson
Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
I work in a planermill.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM