Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Exploring Robt. Heinleins "Principle of Least Action Required"

I dropped a tree in my backyard last year, and the carcass is now an issue. How to cut it up without killing a chainsaw...

My answer?

I'm carving coal pits into it in strategic places and lighting charcoal in the holes. Pity I don't have a "NAIL ON GRILL", but the tree will be cut by turning it into a big HIBACHI grill...

I decided on this system because of the wind this weekend (I don't want a lot of flames and hot ash) and because I started to think about dugout canoes.

Come to think of it - I could make a grill out of coathangers, and enjoy this tree all summer while cooking on it (or would that be IN it?). Roofing tacks would do.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Elder User

alabamabuddog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Man are spending to much time alone or do you just have to much time to think.

Hey does the shop you work in now do clutches. And if so could you find out the labor price for installing one in my 350. This is only if you think there work is good and trustworthy! That was kinda a joke.

2000 Excursion automatic Power Stroke

96 F350 BLACK! Manual with a Power Stroke

81 CJ7 8 3/8 lift and 35's
Old 04-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Posting Guru

Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Layed Out 100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thinking outside the box, killing two birds with one stone, multitasking, BBQ...... call it what ever you want. just dont forget to call me when you start cooking.lol sounds like a fun idea.
53 f100 My build thread http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...ith-picts.html and http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...g-my-53-a.html
Old 04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamabuddog View Post
Man are spending to much time alone or do you just have to much time to think.

Hey does the shop you work in now do clutches. And if so could you find out the labor price for installing one in my 350. This is only if you think there work is good and trustworthy! That was kinda a joke.
This is not a joke - I'm to be layed off wednesday once I finish out the day. Jeff wants to hire a tranny builder to replace himself so he can do whatever, He can't afford to pay me also - and the shop's backlog is all caught up.

Exactly what I was afraid of...

I know their work is good and reliable, but if you want to throw me a bone clutches are not too bad even in a gravel driveway. Do you think it's just the disc, or is it the whole nine?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Elder User

alabamabuddog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
problem is I dont know what it is. I had the clutch and fly wheel and pressure plate replaced less than a year ago. Now the problem seem to me to be the same. An dIm afraid theres a HUGE differance in the Ranger and this 1 ton truck. Napa told me they cant even order the thing untill I pull it and find out whats in it. That in it self makes it a 2 day job.

2000 Excursion automatic Power Stroke

96 F350 BLACK! Manual with a Power Stroke

81 CJ7 8 3/8 lift and 35's
Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Are there any numbers or tags on it that you can see?

I know one thing that could mess things up is a missing or sorry dowel in the block.

What did the last flywheel visually look like as far as marking up of the friction surfaces?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

The coathanger grill interests me. I think I'll cook burgers and franks on it until it gives up!

Roofing tacks will work, and the hole will grow
Old 04-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Belay my last.

We don't know what it is yet. Though a mismatch is possible.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:05 PM