2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Visors, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Visors, etc

Ok, I just bought some window visors, and they aren't the channel type However, I've noticed that if I really want to leave the windows cracked, then it had better be no more than a billionth of an inch down, or water's going to get in the truck if the rain has a nice wind with it. They sit up a lot higher than the ones I got on other vehicles, according to the aligning groove...though they are the same 2.5" width as normal ones. Has anyone else noticed this, or do I have an anomoly on my hands? They are the stick-on type, but they are as low as they can go, and still slide align with the mirror bracket correctly. Lastly, should I just trash them and go with the channel ones, or is the outcome the same.

Thanks.

Last edited by F0rdzTuff; 04-12-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: had to add an "n't"
Old 04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Twinsdad98
Elder User
Do you mean you have the IN channel visors and are thinking of going to the tape ons? I'm a little confused by your note. I have In-channels and I can usually crack my window almost an inch and not get wet. But yes, if the wind is blowing, the water will find it's way into your truck.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:34 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by Twinsdad98
Do you mean you have the IN channel visors and are thinking of going to the tape ons? I'm a little confused by your note. I have In-channels and I can usually crack my window almost an inch and not get wet. But yes, if the wind is blowing, the water will find it's way into your truck.
I edited it...they aren't the channel type. Had to add an "n't" to the first sentence...My bad...thanks for the reply.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Go with the weathertech in-channel visors. Have had them in my last few vehicles, and never would go back to the stick on type. You can crack the windows about an inch without any rain coming in; but if the rain is wind blown it still may come in some. Go to weathertech.com to order.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:17 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by Buck 1
Go with the weathertech in-channel visors. Have had them in my last few vehicles, and never would go back to the stick on type. You can crack the windows about an inch without any rain coming in; but if the rain is wind blown it still may come in some. Go to weathertech.com to order.
I thought about the Weathertech's from the get go, but was worried about them possibly falling out. I guess I'll order a set.

Thanks!!