Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Old Trusty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welded the interior door back together so I don't have to roll the window down to open my door anymore. Had the shop see why my parking break wouldn't release and had to replace both rear axle seals and a break cable, but the blead the system so my pedal doesn't go to the floor at stoplights anymore

Old 11-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by clarkbre
Diesel Brad, looks like someone has a nice flatbed in their future!
Originally Posted by Fastback460
Nice looking truck Brad, I don't think I've seen that one.
Originally Posted by eagle275
Wow, nice truck Brad!....
thanks Guys. I bought it last sum me run KY. But I decided I wanted an F-superduyt for the extra weight capacity and when the front axle and t-case kinda fell in my lap to make one 4wd I jumped at it

Old 11-25-2014, 05:48 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Truck died on me today while driving around double checking things, and getting stuff ready for snow we're supposed to be getting. Dropped the rear tank. Now have to decide if I want to replace a fairly new tank with a plastic one and the pump/sending unit, or just the pump/sending unit.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:37 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Replaced the 235/75R15 Goodyear Wrangler Radials with Four new 30x9.5R15 Firestone Destination A/T tires.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Tribal Trucks
New User
I got my delivered to my drive !! Happy, once it drives out, HAPPIER !!!

Old 11-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Evan_P
Cargo Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts
Managed to get a lady to earn herself a parking ticket....

Old 11-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evan_P
Managed to get a lady to earn herself a parking ticket....
This sounds interesting. Care to explain further?

Old 11-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Evan_P
Cargo Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts
Well of course. SO this may be a little long here.

At my school there are about 4-5 pairs of parking spots that are extremely narrow. One is about 4 feet wide and the other is about 5 feet wide. When they went though and widened all the spots a year ago these few spots popped up due to them running out of room and had to make these narrow spots I guess. First thought would be that they are motorcycle parking, but that is not the case. Motorcycles have a specific area that they must park in. Parking enforcement is fully aware of how ridiculous these spots are so they let people use both for one vehicle without fining them. One of these is right out in front of the automotive department building.

I happened to roll into the parking lot this morning to find the closest open spot(s) were indeed the narrow pair. So I went ahead and parked in them, getting as close to the line as possible on one side as to humor someone that may want to squeeze their smart car in there. That's about the only car that could fit after parking my truck. It sat in that spot from 6:15am to 1:30pm with no issues. Parking enforcement drive by it at least 5 times so if they were going to anything about it, they would have.

Well when I came out of class I did as I always do. Started the truck up, rolled a window down and let it warm up for a few minutes. Almost all of the automotive student's do this everyday and nobody minds it. Well I found the one lady that did. As I shut the door she starts to yell at me telling me to move my truck over so she could fit into one of the spots. I tell her even If I could move it she still wouldn't fit in the spot. I told her I was letting it warm up before I hop on the freeway to go home. Well, she didn't like that answer. She first tries to squeeze her Scion TC into the spot that a smart probably couldn't fit in. It didn't take her long to realize that wasn't going to work. What's she do next? Tries to teach me a lesson. That's what she does. She parks her car across the front of my truck blocking me in, then get's out and goes into the school telling me "You'll leave when I do then...". Less than 15 seconds after she enters the building the almighty Parking Enforcement rolls by. This is a case of instant karma if I've ever seen one. Me and a class mate flag him over and explain what happened. So what does he do? Write me up for taking two spots? Nope. He proceeds to write her up for multiple violations.

As he's filling it all out she comes running out of the building to try and blame me for it because I was in two spots and that she asked me to move and that I told her to "F" off. Here's the best part. He walks her to the side of my truck that was right up to the line then ask's her where she thought I was supposed to move my truck over too? Then she tries getting me busted for taking two spots... To the point that she was yelling at the officer. Unfortunately for her, I had about 15 witness' that all backed me up saying she was being irrational and rude.

After about 10 minutes of arguing and yelling with the officer, she gets back in her car and finally leaves, but not before getting herself a nice big parking violation. The violation's you ask? Blocking the pathway of a motor vehicle, illegal parking across parking spots and parking with no parking pass. $155. As for me? A hand shake from the officer. That really taught me a lesson didn't it?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well of course. SO this may be a little long here. At my school there are about 4-5 pairs of parking spots that are extremely narrow. One is about 4 feet wide and the other is about 5 feet wide. When they went though and widened all the spots a year ago these few spots popped up due to them running out of room and had to make these narrow spots I guess. First thought would be that they are motorcycle parking, but that is not the case. Motorcycles have a specific area that they must park in. Parking enforcement is fully aware of how ridiculous these spots are so they let people use both for one vehicle without fining them. One of these is right out in front of the automotive department building. I happened to roll into the parking lot this morning to find the closest open spot(s) were indeed the narrow pair. So I went ahead and parked in them, getting as close to the line as possible on one side as to humor someone that may want to squeeze their smart car in there. That's about the only car that could fit after parking my truck. It sat in that spot from 6:15am to 1:30pm with no issues. Parking enforcement drive by it at least 5 times so if they were going to anything about it, they would have. Well when I came out of class I did as I always do. Started the truck up, rolled a window down and let it warm up for a few minutes. Almost all of the automotive student's do this everyday and nobody minds it. Well I found the one lady that did. As I shut the door she starts to yell at me telling me to move my truck over so she could fit into one of the spots. I tell her even If I could move it she still wouldn't fit in the spot. I told her I was letting it warm up before I hop on the freeway to go home. Well, she didn't like that answer. She first tries to squeeze her Scion TC into the spot that a smart probably couldn't fit in. It didn't take her long to realize that wasn't going to work. What's she do next? Tries to teach me a lesson. That's what she does. She parks her car across the front of my truck blocking me in, then get's out and goes into the school telling me "You'll leave when I do then...". Less than 15 seconds after she enters the building the almighty Parking Enforcement rolls by. This is a case of instant karma if I've ever seen one. Me and a class mate flag him over and explain what happened. So what does he do? Write me up for taking two spots? Nope. He proceeds to write her up for multiple violations. As he's filling it all out she comes running out of the building to try and blame me for it because I was in two spots and that she asked me to move and that I told her to "F" off. Here's the best part. He walks her to the side of my truck that was right up to the line then ask's her where she thought I was supposed to move my truck over too? Then she tries getting me busted for taking two spots... To the point that she was yelling at the officer. Unfortunately for her, I had about 15 witness' that all backed me up saying she was being irrational and rude. After about 10 minutes of arguing and yelling with the officer, she gets back in her car and finally leaves, but not before getting herself a nice big parking violation. The violation's you ask? Blocking the pathway of a motor vehicle, illegal parking across parking spots and parking with no parking pass. $155. As for me? A hand shake from the officer. That really taught me a lesson didn't it?
that's awesome lol

Old 11-26-2014, 07:58 AM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Well of course. SO this may be a little long here.

At my school there are about 4-5 pairs of parking spots that are extremely narrow. One is about 4 feet wide and the other is about 5 feet wide. When they went though and widened all the spots a year ago these few spots popped up due to them running out of room and had to make these narrow spots I guess. First thought would be that they are motorcycle parking, but that is not the case. Motorcycles have a specific area that they must park in. Parking enforcement is fully aware of how ridiculous these spots are so they let people use both for one vehicle without fining them. One of these is right out in front of the automotive department building.

I happened to roll into the parking lot this morning to find the closest open spot(s) were indeed the narrow pair. So I went ahead and parked in them, getting as close to the line as possible on one side as to humor someone that may want to squeeze their smart car in there. That's about the only car that could fit after parking my truck. It sat in that spot from 6:15am to 1:30pm with no issues. Parking enforcement drive by it at least 5 times so if they were going to anything about it, they would have.

Well when I came out of class I did as I always do. Started the truck up, rolled a window down and let it warm up for a few minutes. Almost all of the automotive student's do this everyday and nobody minds it. Well I found the one lady that did. As I shut the door she starts to yell at me telling me to move my truck over so she could fit into one of the spots. I tell her even If I could move it she still wouldn't fit in the spot. I told her I was letting it warm up before I hop on the freeway to go home. Well, she didn't like that answer. She first tries to squeeze her Scion TC into the spot that a smart probably couldn't fit in. It didn't take her long to realize that wasn't going to work. What's she do next? Tries to teach me a lesson. That's what she does. She parks her car across the front of my truck blocking me in, then get's out and goes into the school telling me "You'll leave when I do then...". Less than 15 seconds after she enters the building the almighty Parking Enforcement rolls by. This is a case of instant karma if I've ever seen one. Me and a class mate flag him over and explain what happened. So what does he do? Write me up for taking two spots? Nope. He proceeds to write her up for multiple violations.

As he's filling it all out she comes running out of the building to try and blame me for it because I was in two spots and that she asked me to move and that I told her to "F" off. Here's the best part. He walks her to the side of my truck that was right up to the line then ask's her where she thought I was supposed to move my truck over too? Then she tries getting me busted for taking two spots... To the point that she was yelling at the officer. Unfortunately for her, I had about 15 witness' that all backed me up saying she was being irrational and rude.

After about 10 minutes of arguing and yelling with the officer, she gets back in her car and finally leaves, but not before getting herself a nice big parking violation. The violation's you ask? Blocking the pathway of a motor vehicle, illegal parking across parking spots and parking with no parking pass. $155. As for me? A hand shake from the officer. That really taught me a lesson didn't it?

LOL, it's great when people get what they deserve

Old 11-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
BAHAHAHA! That's fantastic!

Old 11-26-2014, 10:30 AM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Karma, take care of which side of it you land on. Your karma sound like you live life right. Good on ya.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
The 4x4 stopped working in my dad's Excursion today, so I had to pull him up the road through 8 inches of snow.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:45 PM
BaronVonAutomatc
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Motorcraft FL-1A oil filter and six quarts of 5W-30.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:19 AM
elshafty
New User
I finally cleaned out my EGR Valve. Turns out it was just stuck closed, but now it works perfectly. Now on to the next thing lol.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?