Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 AM
themoparkid
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ thats what il be doing tomorrow and friday.

installed new pioneer speakers. found out why i only have 4h. fixed a leak on one of the trans line. well, theres alot more to come! geeez!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
TMF
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spent the last few evenings drilling out a waterpump bolt that snapped first at the pump, leaving nothing to grab onto. This led to the removal of the timing cover, which was seized to the bolt as well, snapping it off again flush with the block. So, while in there, I replaced timing chain/gears (152k miles) after drilling out the offending bolt. The original project that led to all this (replacing water pump) should be done tonight. Yippee...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
TMF
Senior User
Originally Posted by SuperSnake
I washed mine today
I can say with absolute certainty that my truck has been washed exactly zero times in the last 18 months.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:25 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TMF
Spent the last few evenings drilling out a waterpump bolt that snapped first at the pump, leaving nothing to grab onto. This led to the removal of the timing cover, which was seized to the bolt as well, snapping it off again flush with the block. So, while in there, I replaced timing chain/gears (152k miles) after drilling out the offending bolt. The original project that led to all this (replacing water pump) should be done tonight. Yippee...
She will be running like new now

Old 10-15-2008, 12:26 PM
SuperSnake
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TMF
I can say with absolute certainty that my truck has been washed exactly zero times in the last 18 months.
Don't feel bad my step dad didn't wash the truck I got from him the whole time he owned it

Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 AM
StealthWyvern
Elder User
I took my truck in to get the oil changed because I can’t do it due to my back and doc orders.

The moron goes to put oil into the truck and well some how managed to get the stupid oil pump gun thing in their just right where it shoots 3 quarts of oil into the block and the other 2 into the ****ing intake(went up the breather tube and into the intake)!

Now I can see how this happened and it was a honest accident. Yes I saw it all happen because I was talking to the guy while he was doing the oil change. I'm not to mad at about it because it wasn’t done due to stupidity. Was I pissed yes and no.

Now when they took the intake out oil got all over my air filter, MAF, throttle body, and in the intake manifold. Luckily the throttle body was closed so not as much went into the intake manifold. They cleaned it all up pretty good. Put it back together and tried to crank it. Well at first it spun over real quick then died. At this point we were both thinking that the motor seized due to the fumes from the cleaner and oil. So he pulls all the plugs, turns it over a few times to make sure it’s all cleaned out. Put new plugs in (at their cost) and it wont turn over. The battery cable was loose. Tightened that and it smoked like a freight train obviously due to the oil for the next 30-45min if I had to guess.

When I left the truck ran great but there was a tick noise that wasn't their before I took it in. Normally on a truck with around 150k miles ticks are normal but not my damn truck... the motor was quite as hell!! You only heard that loud *** fan not no ****ing ticking noise. At this point I made them note the issue on their system and the receipt! I drive home, the truck runs great tell about 2 miles from the place where I got the oil change done at. The truck now starts to stumble and fall on its face just about! At times it feels as if I’m running across rumble strips! They are closed at this point. So I will have to take it back in the morning.

The Next day:

Another set of new plugs in and a new IAC and it runs fine However the ticking noise is still their!! They said if its still their in a few days to bring it back in and they will change out the oil again for a high mileage oil. Maybe something got stuck in a lifter or something but either way I don’t like it.

Also the service manger was trying to give me some **** about how that I would have to wait until tomorrow to fix it! That pissed me off like you won’t believe.

However it’s taken care of now but I still plan on making a complaint about that one dick head. I mean I’m grown up enough to know it was a accident and that **** happens. As long as they go about correcting the issue in a timely manner. I’m happy and as long as its at their cost.

I didn't get upset that it happened. I didn’t really get upset tell the truck started to run like crap and the more I drove it the more pissed off I got. I can't drive the MSP(MazdaSpeed Protégé) right now due to doc orders. It even further pissed me off like you wouldn’t believe when that dick head stated that I couldn't get it fixed until tomorrow!

PS. The truck was running so bad that when i floored it the damn thing just about smoked like a diesel and fall on its face just about. On a lighter note I filled the truck up on pre gas for 2.90 a gal!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
atccracing
Senior User
I recently put in a 4 inch lift, today I ordered new axle pivot drop brackets WITH camber adjustment slots. Maybe now I can straighten out my front end!!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:50 PM
themoparkid
Senior User
^

where did you get the kit and lift?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 PM
95F350XL
Posting Guru
Got the bronk to go through inspection, was going to finish welding the exhaust and drank too much beer to be welding where it would be nice. The other night I welded up some holes in the exhaust on my F350

Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 PM
StealthWyvern
Elder User
Took the truck back and they(the place that botched up my oil change) put in a few set of plugs (3rd set) and a new MAF... I think the only sensor left to replace is the TPS in that area.

Originally Posted by atccracing
I recently put in a 4 inch lift, today I ordered new axle pivot drop brackets WITH camber adjustment slots. Maybe now I can straighten out my front end!!
Originally Posted by themoparkid
^

where did you get the kit and lift?

+1

Old 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Power steering pump barfed fluid all over the motor this morning so I went down to the wreckers and picked up a saginaw pump and bracket from a 94 Clubwagon. Will install tomorrow if ever stops raining.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
rostena
Senior User
Put in my new rear gas tank.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:11 PM
White Max
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I installed a pair of steps that I made up today, and I test fit one of my new wheels.

-Rod

Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 PM
mattystowe
Junior User
I gave mine a day off she's tired. I been bad to her not giving her the loving she deserves. about a week ago i did some "great stuff" bodywork and filled in one of my rear wheel hole holes with foam.. next step laquer, followed by bondo. works every time

Old 10-19-2008, 12:01 AM
timberon94f350
Senior User
I pulled out a Dodge 2500 megacab 4x4 with the cummins in it. He didn't think my little 95 would pull himn out Boy, I showed him!. He did comment on how loud & nice my pickup sounded. Offwered to pay me, but I told him since he was driving a Dodge, he better save his money. I think he may have cracked a smile. Need to change some tires around tomorrow.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?