Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

01 lightning problem

Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 PM
nwragge99
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 lightning problem

Hey, was just wondering if anyone has had problems with there supercharger belt chewing up the front rib. I have had the truck for about a year and keep having this problem. I have replaced all the oem pulleys and the tensioner, nothing has helped it. I have talked with the local ford dealership and they mentioned it could be the crank pulley. The belt seems to be sitting on the front of the crank pulley and the back of the supercharger pulley. Another question is if I replace the crank pulley I am probably going to put on a #4 pulley. other then a bigger intercooler the truck is stock. If I put that pulley on should I also do a Tune on the truck, or will it be allright to run for awhile. After a few more mods, I am going to anyways, but thats down the line. Thanks guys.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What's the condition of the supercharger? Bearing condition? Any play up/down or front/back on the top pulley when there is no belt installed? And nicks or chips on the lower pulley? Does the lower pulley wobble much (a little is normal) when the engine is running?

If you run a 4lb pulley I highly recommend you get a good custom tune for it. With 2lbs you ought to be just fine with the stock tune.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
councillor
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine a good tuner and trust him..... period.

In the beginning, I bought what he recommended along with his Dynojet tune and have never looked back.

Search this Thread