2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question About Viper Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
iwantanf150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Question About Viper Alarm

I have an 04 STX so i have manual door locks and windows. My question is.... If i go to Best Buy and buy a basic viper alarm for $131 will that work for keylessly unlocking my doors? I know i need the acuators and what not but im not sure if the Viper 412V comes with that. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:15 PM
MRCLJAMES
New User
The alarm will not come with actuators!!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:08 PM
jstnromero
Postmaster
it will not come with the actuators as you know but the alarm should be able to be configured with the keyless entry. I had it done and it works fine. The viper model number that i have is the 571XV and i had the actuators installed and she works great. I cannot find your model on their website but my advice is to call viper up and talk to them or talk to best buy and see if it is possible. I definitely know that it is possible on a lot of their other systems tho. Hope this helps

Old 04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
HamerDown
Senior User
There is a theft deterrent out (can't recall the name) but what it does is kill all power to the engine and any hopes of stealing the vehicle.
There is some kind of push-in/pull-out plug the owner simply take with him when leaving the vehicle, the engine will not crank/start unless the plug is inserted somewhere under the dash. Seemed like a pretty good idea.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:48 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by HamerDown
There is a theft deterrent out (can't recall the name) but what it does is kill all power to the engine and any hopes of stealing the vehicle.
There is some kind of push-in/pull-out plug the owner simply take with him when leaving the vehicle, the engine will not crank/start unless the plug is inserted somewhere under the dash. Seemed like a pretty good idea.
You are thinking of a stater-kill. Decent alarms have that feature minus the plug feature. Its all integrated.

iwant: Actuators are sold seperatley as stated above. The are fairly inexpensive and easy to install (maybe save some money and you install them yourself and run 2 wires in the cab and dont hook them up - let the installer). Obviously they will not give you a power lock/unlock switch inside but they do allow for lock/unlock with a remote.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
iwantanf150
Junior User
Where should I go to find acuators? And what kind should I be looking for? Does it have to be out of a 2004 F150? And one last question.... black04lariat said to run the wires in the cab, that makes perfect sence... where should i run the wires though? And would I have to hook them up to anything? Thanks so much for the help.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by iwantanf150
Where should I go to find acuators? And what kind should I be looking for? Does it have to be out of a 2004 F150? And one last question.... black04lariat said to run the wires in the cab, that makes perfect sence... where should i run the wires though? And would I have to hook them up to anything? Thanks so much for the help.

This is really all you need. Set of 2 Harada Door lock 2 wire actuator with DEI 451m - eBay (item 190212626661 end time Apr-12-08 19:19:46 PDT)

You don't need to worry about the 451m. The installer will use it if he needs it. The actuators are easy to install. Basically you have to find a place to mount it on the door itself and run the actuator bar to the stock door lock bar. Thus when you lock and unlock with the keyless, the actuator in moves the lock bar to lock/unlock the door. Sorry if its confusing.

I would just run the wires from the door into the kickpanels and leave them. Then when the installer does your keyless, all he has to do it go to the kickpanels. You will need to do this to both doors obviously, or all 4 if you have a 4 door.