1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The Village Idiot met Me Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Sandidande
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Village Idiot met Me Today

So all you youngsters who want to drive low little fastback Hondas with fat mufflers, talking chit on da cell phone and flippin everyone off as you weave in and out of traffic......

Prepare yourself! Because that train sound you just heard behind you (that made you crap on the seat because your pants are too low) came from these!

[/IMG]

...and THIS IS coming at you in the rear view mirror - fast!

[/IMG]

Luckily for him, cop got him before I did.

Moral of the story, don't chop 3500 pounds of solid steel and channel iron if you are driving a reconverted Coke can, stupid.

(OK, I'm all better now)

Old 04-08-2008, 04:14 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,838 Likes on 1,837 Posts
Dan,

Tear 'em up!!!! It sure is tempting to bounce those guys off the fender isn't it.

Although I must say it is kinda fun to see the look on their face when the old multi-colored piece of s**t truck downshifts, smokes the tires, and screams past them.

Heck, I don't even need to put one of those coffee can resonators on my trucks tailpipes...lol

Bobby

Old 04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
cool 48
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan, that is some very funny stuff. I have also thought about putting some of those on my truck. When I owned a bike shop down in Texas, I 'll bet I have installed about 300 of those things on Road Kings and touring bikes. They are loud, and they are just a two trumpet horn. I bet that thing screams.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
jake08
Elder User
I just love it! I'm laughing so hard, my wife thinks I've lost it, and I have.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:46 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Thats awesome!
hey how did you install the extra grill teeth? cut the bottom grill valence for teeth to fit or something else? and if so how did you attach them? It looks really good.

thanks

Josh

Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandidande
So all you youngsters who want to drive low little fastback Hondas with fat mufflers, talking chit on da cell phone and flippin everyone off as you weave in and out of traffic......

Luckily for him, cop got him before I did.

Moral of the story, don't chop 3500 pounds of solid steel and channel iron if you are driving a reconverted Coke can, stupid.

(OK, I'm all better now)
Sweet, I have too many days like that too!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
B/B ford
Clean & Classy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That frontal shot looks like something out of a Stephen king novel, It is a Bad A$$ looking truck!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:33 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!That's EXACTLY what I need to spook those little tuna cans right off the road. So you want to rattle windows and ruin your ears?? Eat this
you mongo muffler tipped freaks. HaHa

Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Sandidande
Senior User
Hi Josh,

All the bullets have tabs that bolt right to the center bar. On this one, I picked up two extra bullets (and you have to be sure and get a left and a right) and drilled the four (two each - top and bottom) to mount them. Then very carefully started grinding off the bottoms of the teeth. They actually sit about 1/16 of an inch up off the lower valance upper surface (confused?). The reason I did that is because I designed it so I could quick swap it out with a stock three tooth. In building both Grilles, I brazed stainless mounting bolts onto the backs of the headlight cans and mounted the parking lights on the headlight can instead of on the valance. I wired them exactly the same and used a trailor plug to connect the headlight and parking light wires on each. So, all I have to do is remove the wing nuts (two wing nuts one nylon lock nut for safety), unplug the trailor plug and gently drop the grill off the front of the truck with the tilt hood up about half way. Then I slip the other one on, tighten the wing nuts plug it in and I'm back to stock! I love my toys and mods, but I'm putting them in without cutting or damaging the original metal so I can return it to 100% stock in a snap if I ever decide to (or it's next owner decides after I'm DEAD). That's why the clock is in the ash tray too. Got two ash trays!

Here's a pic of the 3 bullet grille - just finished it a couple weeks ago.

[/IMG]

Here's a pic of a truck with a chrome 5 tooth (mine will be white)

[/IMG]

AND one with SEVEN TEETH! This one is cool but a bit much for me - you are getting close to a DeSoto Style grille with that.

[/IMG]

I'll be taking lots of pictures and writing up little tech pamphlets galleries on all my mods. I'll put th eword out when I get some finished!

Again thanks for the kind words!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Sandidande
Senior User
All you guys are killin me now.

I forgot to mention though that the cop gave me a pretty good looking over and dressing down as he passed me and cut between the two of us. A very brave CHP for jumpin in front of that picture (all 3500 lbs AND 395 Hourses!)

Old 04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Kazoo
Senior User
Hey, Mister, does that truck bite?? Looks like it could, bout **it my britches just thinking about those horns. Looks good

Old 04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Unfortunately, that's one of the downsides of living in San Diego......

The lowered crap-wagons with the coffee-can exhaust tip and shaved-head vertically-challenged idiots are thick out here.

On the bright side.... Instead of living in La Mesa... it could be worse.... you could be in Mira Mesa.......

Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
I just can't wait to see the look in the eyes of any sub-compact drivers in front of me when they see this in their rearview. Although I still need tgo add the vintage fog lights and tow hooks, and if I can find it PTO winch. (oh and you can ignore the C-clamps holding the bumper on)

Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Thats what I like about these old trucks...you can store all kinds of stuff under the hood,
Or on the bumpers...

Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Bob at warsaw
Senior User
Hi Sand
What would a complet system of your horns
cost, I would love to have them, also where
did you get them
Thanks

Quick Reply: The Village Idiot met Me Today