N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Another new guy from NorCal !

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
SactoJake
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another new guy from NorCal !

I posted this in the new users and than found this group...so here it is again with a couple of edits...

Hey there...My name is Chuck & I'm a new guy to the forum from Sacramento, CA. I drive a 2000.5 F250 SD w/7.3l PS Auto, 4x4, CC, LB and loving it...best truck I've owned and I've had a few. The only mods I have are a superchip, 4" exhaust, K&N intake, wicked wheel and alloy wheels w/ Toyo ATs. I use it to haul my family of 5 around the mountains, tow a 28' TT, a 19' RB boat and load up M/Cs in the bed. The powerstroke has been bulletproof but I just wished fuel prices can go back down to the level they were at when I bought the truck...prices are absolutely ridiculous. I'm feeling for the truckers.

Anyhow...I am very new to the forum and have not been a lurker . I do 95% of service & PM work on the truck. I've had very good luck (knock on wood) with everything and I'm running close to 120k now. Biggest issues have been the front axle...replaced seals twice & a wheel hub on right side.

Unfortunately, I'm working on a couple things that steered me to these boards.

I've been a user since this AM and already gained mucho useful info...try saying that three times real fast...mucho useful info, mucho useful info, mucho useful info

Laters !

Old 04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
f2501967
Senior User
hi and welcome to our own little world.

sorry cant help on that, my truck is too dang old. im someone in here will jump in and help ya figure it out.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:09 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sounds like a good truck you have there. Certainly comes with a good reputation.
Have you had to replace a Crank Angle Sensor yet? I hear there is a recall on them, for the 7.3.
What couple of things are you working on that steered you here? Maybe someone here in the chapter can help. Although I'm sure that you have posted them on the 7.3 Diesel forum as well.
Allot of good knowledge here at FTE. Enjoy the boards.
Tim

Old 04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
SactoJake
New User
Originally Posted by f2501967
hi and welcome to our own little world.

sorry cant help on that, my truck is too dang old. im someone in here will jump in and help ya figure it out.
Thanks...

Wow...a 1967 F250...thats sweet.

If I only had a bigger garage....

Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 PM
SactoJake
New User
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Welcome to the club. Sounds like a good truck you have there. Certainly comes with a good reputation.
Have you had to replace a Crank Angle Sensor yet? I hear there is a recall on them, for the 7.3.
What couple of things are you working on that steered you here? Maybe someone here in the chapter can help. Although I'm sure that you have posted them on the 7.3 Diesel forum as well.
Allot of good knowledge here at FTE. Enjoy the boards.
Tim
Thanks Tim...

Crank Angle Sensor ? I thought it was the CPS. Thanks for the heads up. I still need to call the dealer on it.

I have a problem with my ESOF and rough idling when warm & missing while cruising at 1.5k rpm. I'm working on them and still getting my feet wet here. I'll look into the 7.3 PS forum.

Laters !

Old 04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Hi SactoJake,
Welcome to our forum. My name is Karl and I am the Chapter Leader for this group. It sounds like you have a pretty sweet truck you are working on. In the Northern California forum you will find a great group that is helpful and pretty smart. We get together for the occasional get-together to look at our trucks, eat grilled/bbq, work on the chapter's mud racer project truck named Thumper, and have a great time.

If you want to officially join the Northern California Chapter of FTE, please click on the link below. In that thread you will learn how to join our chapter as well as lots of other info on editing avatars and signatures and other things. Membership is free and since you are in Sacto, you definitely live in our chapter area.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...tart-here.html

Please contact me if you have any questions. Please keep posting and I look forward to hearing more about your truck.

Karl

Old 04-07-2008, 06:23 PM
f2501967
Senior User
well sacto i would sell you my truck for about $8,000.00.

provided my wifey/girlfriend dont find out. she would kill me if i did.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:13 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Chuck, Glad I'm not the new guy to this forum anymore... Been hanging out in the 7.3 section for almost 6 months now but been here for just a bit... nice to know someone around here has a similar truck to mine... Yes it is the CPS (Cam positioning sensor) that has a recall on it. not a Cam Angle sensor. Be sure to do a search over in the 7.3 section and read up about it. There is alot of controversy over the "new and improved" CPS. Personally I would get a replacment one from your local parts store and through it in the glove box. If your mess's up go ahead and take advantage of the recall. Good luck hope to see you in the 7.3 section

Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 AM
SactoJake
New User
Originally Posted by fastmover
Hi SactoJake,
Welcome to our forum. My name is Karl and I am the Chapter Leader for this group.

Karl
Thanks Karl. I'm real busy this week with a mile long honey-do list but hope to drop in & soak up some more of this knowledge thats running free around here

Laters !

Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 AM
SactoJake
New User
Originally Posted by f2501967
well sacto i would sell you my truck for about $8,000.00.

provided my wifey/girlfriend dont find out. she would kill me if i did.
I couldn't do that. Don't want dead people running around here.

Laters !

Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 AM
SactoJake
New User
Originally Posted by 4inchlovin
Hey Chuck, Glad I'm not the new guy to this forum anymore... Been hanging out in the 7.3 section for almost 6 months now but been here for just a bit... nice to know someone around here has a similar truck to mine... Yes it is the CPS (Cam positioning sensor) that has a recall on it. not a Cam Angle sensor. Be sure to do a search over in the 7.3 section and read up about it. There is alot of controversy over the "new and improved" CPS. Personally I would get a replacment one from your local parts store and through it in the glove box. If your mess's up go ahead and take advantage of the recall. Good luck hope to see you in the 7.3 section
Thanks Nolan. Someone's got to be the new guy. I hear you 5 by 5 on the CMP sensor. I've had one sitting in the box for over 40k miles....never needed it (knock on wood). If there is anything I really dislike doing....it's taking any of my vehicles into the shop and let another monkey wrench on her. I'm No 1 monkey in my house !!!

Laters !

Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
Welcome to our small but fun band of craziness. Hope you easily find everything you need on FTE. Post any questions you have there are a lot of helpful people in this forum. I don't ever really see ..... "Do a search" around here. The worst you'll get is a funny comment or "Do a search" plus a suggested keyword for helping you.

I had an older F250 Diesel ... but nothing like what is built today. 6.9 International I think. Only thing that ever went wrong with her was pin holes in the fuel lines making her idle rough.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats ok they sound better when they idle rough anyway! lol

Old 04-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome Jake, there are several of us here in the Sac region. I live in Antelope. I hear ya on the fuel cost. I saw $4.15/gallon for diesel this morning. Jag

Old 04-09-2008, 12:49 AM
SactoJake
New User
Thanks guys ! I was fooling with the front drive today...

....came to he conclusion it's time go with a new set of hub locks. I'll be getting some good ideas from the board.

Thanks again...Laters !