N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Wow what a loooong day...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:20 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow what a loooong day...

For me and our softball team...girls team 10 and under.

We had to be at the Park at 0800 to begin Opening Ceremonies (did I spell that right?), which didn't start until 0900. and finished at about 0930...then we had to regroup the kids back for team pictures at 11:00am which only took a few minutes, then be back at 2:30PM for our 3:30PM game, which didn't start until 4:00pm.

By then the kids were just plain tired, you could see'em dragging quite a bit, but I feel sorry for the team we played, somehow they got scheduled for a back-back game...that's why we didn't start on time...they had a couple of good pitchers, but I think their kids were just too tired to throw strike, in the first inning they walked us in 2 runs without us even hitting the ball.

Our pitcher is pretty good at throwing strikes but she was getting real tired in the 4th (last) inning, unfortunately our backup pitcher had to leave early...because of the late start of the game, but our starter stuck it out...after walking three in a row to load the bases with one out, I went out to talk to her and told her just slow down, play catch and lets see what happens...she then threw 6 strikes in a row and 6 swings and misses.

We gave up a run in the 2nd by sloppy defense and walking in a run, then we did score a run on a few (lets call'em) hits and a few walks, and wound up winning the game 3 to 1.

All the girls got up twice and had a heck of a time...best apart about it is all our kids parents were great, as were the other teams parents...no booing/hissing etc, that I heard going on in the games before ours...I mean in the T-ball league, these kids are like 6 years old, and parents are screaming from the sidelines at thier kids, the umps, and the other parents...unbelievable.

Oh, and to keep it all Ford related...my Coaching partner drives a lifted late 90's F250 deisel

Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
Pitchers? Cool, that means margaritas! What was the rest of that stuff you were talking about?

Old 04-05-2008, 11:56 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Mike6
For me and our softball team...girls team 10 and under.

We had to be at the Park at 0800 to begin Opening Ceremonies (did I spell that right?)
Yes. You did spell "Opening" correctly.

Good that you and the rest of the team(s) had fun.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:22 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
You guys...I'll tell ya...

Naw, I won't tell ya, but I'm sure you'd know what I'd say...

Old 04-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Sounds like a typical opening day to me. I never coached girls softball, only boys baseball, but opening day can be PITA for everyone involved. Glad your team was able to stick it out and win its first game.