Competition Diesel racing, sleds, dynos, power tuning and max performance.

racing a duramax

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:26 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now's the perfect time to add some mods so he wont know.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:37 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe the boss went out of town to add super secret mods and practice, so he'll know how to use them

Old 04-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Now's the perfect time to add some mods so he wont know.
If I only had the extra money to drop in it....I would and no body would know

Old 04-13-2008, 06:29 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
Maybe the boss went out of town to add super secret mods and practice, so he'll know how to use them
He may have, I wouldn't doubt him getting something else done to it

Old 04-13-2008, 06:38 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Layed Out 100
He may have, I wouldn't doubt him getting something else done to it
Should have had 20/20 stick a couple of their super secret spy cameras on his truck before he left.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 PM
pstrang
Senior User
Well, even more humiliating than a race would be to chain up back to back and pull. Since the Superduty's are 1000 lbs. more truck than a GM product, you have the traction advantage (as long as you don't spin your tires first). You'll still win even though he might be putting out more power. Don't do it on asphalt though, you'll break your boss's truck and he'll never forgive you. Go for grass/dirt.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Yea I have pulled alot of Z-71's around with my old 97 modle 150, I do have the experiance to win that no problem! I would always hold the brake until I seen them loose traction and then drag them around like a rag doll. It was always fun front to front so you could see how mad they were.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:54 PM
V8EXPLR
Elder User
I would always hold the brake until I seen them loose traction and then drag them around like a rag doll.
Problem is that's not a good or fair Tug-O-War. Personally, I see the brake holder as a cheater. Anyone can win a Tug-O-War once the other guy loses traction. So you may have won some of these but not fairly truck & driver vs truck & driver. Why not trust your truck and driving skills and make it an even competition? You lose, oh well you can always try again. You win, you know you won outright.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:10 PM
George D.
Posting Guru
That is winning driver vs driver if the other guy spins his tires thats his own fault. and vehicle vs vehicle realy comes down more to wieght and traction more than motor. I've seen a 4 bt hummer pull a 6.0 ps. the stroke had stock tires and the hummer had 37"s or so. tug of war IMO is not a real comparisom of how good a vehicle is its just fun and for bragging rights.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by V8EXPLR
I see the brake holder as a cheater. Anyone can win a Tug-O-War once the other guy loses traction. So you may have won some of these but not fairly truck & driver vs truck & driver.
Sounds alot like you have been out smarted or drug around before...You have to let it go man, Chances are it was not me that drug you around in front of all your friends. I'm no cheater at anything I do, but I do like to win at what ever it is I'm doing!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
V8EXPLR
Elder User
Sounds alot like you have been out smarted or drug around before...You have to let it go man, Chances are it was not me that drug you around in front of all your friends. I'm no cheater at anything I do, but I do like to win at what ever it is I'm doing!
Anyone can win a tug-o-war by holding the brake. Holding the brake until the other guy spins doesn't prove your truck is better or that you are the better driver. It simply means you used unsportsman like tactics to gain an advantage. Even though a tug-o-war is not a true comparison of which truck is better, it is still known through basic competition unwritten rules that holding the brake or continuously tapping the brake to gain and advantage in a tug-o-war competition is a big no-no. Believe what you like though, that's your perogative.

I've been drug around before, but I have also drug people around too. Heck my mother-in-laws neighbor has an '07 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L that I've gone up against. Sure he won 3 out of 5 tugs, but we both simply chalked the wins up to traction. We were constantly adjusting tire pressure after each tug. Neither of us used a brake to gain an advantage, put both trucks in drive to build tension and both went on the drop of a hat.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:54 AM
V8EXPLR
Elder User
Originally Posted by George D.
That is winning driver vs driver if the other guy spins his tires thats his own fault. and vehicle vs vehicle realy comes down more to wieght and traction more than motor. I've seen a 4 bt hummer pull a 6.0 ps. the stroke had stock tires and the hummer had 37"s or so. tug of war IMO is not a real comparisom of how good a vehicle is its just fun and for bragging rights.
Actually, it isn't. Sure the other driver should know better than to get his tires spinning, but the brake holder also should know this isn't providing a truly fair and accurate competition. Just like some of the videos on youtube. You see Silverado's holding their brakes, not even trying to accellerate until the F150 starts spinning, then they release their brake and go. Sure some may feel using a brake is fair, but I've seen too many people that use this tactic complain about it when it's used on them. So in all fairness, and to see what each truck can truly do, don't use the brake.

True a tug-o-war isn't the best comparison and I've seen similar situations as you describe (hummer/psd), but this is usually chalked up to the better driver and the losing driver being either less experienced or too over confident. Plus the stock tires vs 37" tires, may depend on which truck can hook up better and gain the traction.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
This is what I honestly believe;I had no idea tug o war was such a serious sport. I have never taken it that way, never changed air pressure or gone best out of five. You say Not a true comparison of which truck is better ( I agree) still having doubts on it being anything more than just bragging rights between two friends. Too much grey area (with the unwriten rules and all) to take it to heart or treat it as a true sport.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
V8EXPLR
Elder User
This is what I honestly believe;I had no idea tug o war was such a serious sport. I have never taken it that way, never changed air pressure or gone best out of five. You say Not a true comparison of which truck is better ( I agree) still having doubts on it being anything more than just bragging rights between two friends. Too much grey area (with the unwriten rules and all) to take it to heart or treat it as a true sport.
Never stated tug-o-war was a "Serious Sport", but will admit I take everything I do in life seriously and try to win at anything/everything. Most people I know here in CO, take any form of competition seriously, even if it's just fun and games like this. Most like myself don't get upset when they lose, but we do request a fair/equal fight. Now if an F150 wants to play with a F250/F350 6.4/6.0/7.3, that's the owner of the F150's fault for taking a challenge he'll more than likely lose.

The owner of the Tundra I went rounds with, owned an '04 Ram 1500 QC 5.7L prior and we conducted the same tug-o-war test, which even with the adjustments in tire pressure, the F150 had the upper hand winning 4 of 5 tug-o-wars. We are both competative by nature, so one upping the other is fun and like you stated, give bragging rights. But, bragging rights don't hold their weight if there was an unfair advantage given to either party. So we make everything as equal as possible, still knowing in certain areas one truck will be better equipped than the other.

I do apologize if you felt I was taking this too seriously or attacking you, this wasn't my intentions. Just simply trying to put it out there that using a brake during a tug-o-war, even though ok by some people/crowds, shouldn't be used to gain the advantage. You get pulled, you get pulled. You drag them around, great you get to brag. I have no problem admitting I've won some and lost some, but at least can say I've never resorted to using my brakes.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:01 PM
RDJ184
Postmaster
brake holders loose to i pull light as soon as he lets of the brakes he has to push harder to make up and you got him

Quick Reply: racing a duramax