1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Could Spring FINALLY be here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:04 AM
economan
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could Spring FINALLY be here?

Hi All!
Well it's been a busy week here did 5 insurance appraisals on vintage stuff so's the owners kin' gettem on the road. Did the final clean up and delivery of the CJ-7 i did a frame off and new tub that I've been workin on here since november. The owner and his family were just stoked, it's been painted a couple times (sunshine yellow code 6V) but never properly, and certainly not every part blasted, cleaned and painted individually then all reassembled with polished stainless hdwe. A kickass 300w stereo complete with subs, custom uphostery, black with yellow piping, Then a factory correct decal kit installed.....Yep.....huge smiles all aroundboth kids & wife, his wife must like it, seen her wheelin' it around town all day yesterday.
Then speaking of yesterday, in the afternoon my boss comes down with the plates for his 60 Pontiac which I also did a complete on over the winter (plus upgrades) first time this thing has been plated since 77, only was ever driven occaisionally on dealer plates. So i thought it was odd that he was actually gonna plate it, with the new plates came the spare keys a dollar an hour raise and I was told to think of it as my company car for the summer months & told to take er' to lotsa shows.
appearantly he was is extra good humor as i had just this week finished doin' a buncha custom work on his new solstice which he got for xmas and just got on the road as well.
The registrations have also been rollin' already this week in for the V-dub camping event i'm heading up the committee on for june 12-15
Well..........08:45 thermometer outside says already 8c i'm gonna head out to the garage put the wheelie jack under the ol' trucks, unwedge em outta the corner and wake em' from their winter sleeps, rinse the dust off an take em both out for good run.
yep i think everyone has got some spring fever up here in the still lots of white but every day more brown showin thru north.
havva good one guys!
mikie
near ottawa canada
58 merc panel, 64 econoline p/u, 97 diesel eurovan camper

Old 04-05-2008, 08:06 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I dunno. Last two days been around 50F, and melting snow like crazy. Tonight we have a winter storm warning posted. Go figure.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:22 AM
robertr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havi,

I think I have it figured out ...... the earth has sped up!! Wednesday was spring, Thursday was summer, Friday was fall, and today (Saturday) is winter ..... AGAIN!!! Here in Spokane we are still getting snow .... 2" so far this morning, and we may get more tonight!! Oh well.... at least we are no
longer in a drought! The down side is that we're having the second largest total amount of snow ever!!

Bob in Spokane

Old 04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
economan
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...........well the panel took a bitta coaxing...in the form of a shot of gas down the carb throat but then fired right up.
the econoline on the other hand fired right up like it had only been parked for an hour or so.
took the panel for it's 1st trip of the season in to town to pick up the i-tax @ the accountant.........surrrre felt good to have some vintage iron rollin' under my butt again
mikie
near ottawa canada
58 merc panel, 64 econoline

Old 04-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Sandidande
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in San Diego (oh shut up, Dan) it is definately spring.

Last weeks temperature was between 65 and 68 and this week it has warmed up to 67-70. But at Del Mar(on the beach) today (Good Guys National) it was cold (60) foggy and blowing. Every weather forcast for the next 4 months will begin "late night/early morning low clouds and fog along the coast and inland valleys, hight today in the upper 70s to low 80s, low tonight around 55."

No weather excuses for not getting out and working on the truck here!