Notices

Pace edwards homemade accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 06:44 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace edwards homemade accessories?

Has anyone mounted anything to their canisters?

I have two 3" ropes (one about 20' and the other 30') that I am considering attaching to the canister box. I am thinking dow rods or PVC pipe attached to the sides, the pipe will let me put elbows to retain the ropes.

Any other ideas? I want something easy to get the rope off and clean/out of the way. Right now one is in a fiberglass ammo box and the other is just laying between the box and the fender.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:47 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Now I am thinking about adding hitch pins with lashings to contain the rope. See talking this out makes good ideas appear.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:21 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Now I am thinking about running a smaller rope from the front stake pocket hole to the rear on the inside under the rail. Then tying short ropes with some kind of clip to that runner to hold my big ropes.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Would some sort of cleating work? Something like this:
http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...product=106561

The PVC would crack & break over time and I think the idea in post 3 wouldn't work unless you used some sort of cable rather than rope as your runner. The rope would end up sagging.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
My father's patrol boat is where I got the notion of doing something different with the ropes. However the dock lines has has are 1/6 the size of my ropes and it would take a huge cleat to wrap it around.

As an experiment I used some of my light rope to tie the bigger rope up to the clamps on my bedlocker. I am not sure it's going to work out like I want. I am leaning towards finding a long bag to keep it in and tying the bag up under the rails.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 PM
tasaro
New User
My buddy works for an ambulance suply/repair place and he gave me a few canvas bags that work perfectly. They are blue canvas, around 18" long, maybe 8" in diameter, they have a really well attached carry handle, and a nice drawstring for a closer. He said they were for oxygen bottles but they direct-mount the bottles to the Ambulance so they mostly just throw the bags away. I don't know where else you could find them but i carry all my ropes, tie-downs, & such in them. I can get 10 pair of non-ratcheting tie-down, or my 30'/3" tow-strap, in a bag with lots of room to spare.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
o2 bottle bags are a great idea, and I think I know how to get a couple. Thanks.