Bio Stocks and Investment

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bio Stocks and Investment

I was thinking that this would be a great Thread to start. If any one out there has any input on Bio company's, Stocks, or other Bio related Investments, please feel free to share. I hope this tread works out and helps us all.
Thanks
JoryLee

Old 03-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
[QUOTE=Phydeaux88]Here is one list

http://www.biodieselinvesting.com/publicly-traded-american-biodiesel-stocks/[/QUOTE]

great thanks for being the first of what i hope to be many links and much discussion.

JoryLee

Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
nelstone74
Senior User
I think that I would be more interested in something like a co-op. I would be interested in something that I could invest some "sweat equity" into. I don't want to hijack the thread but I think its related close enough.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Originally Posted by nelstone74
I think that I would be more interested in something like a co-op. I would be interested in something that I could invest some "sweat equity" into. I don't want to hijack the thread but I think its related close enough.
not at all... bring on any idea's that are related so people like me who have limited or no education in this area can learn and get idea's on how best to go about investing and discussing anything realated to it.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 PM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
just thought i would give this a bump.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:54 AM
lowell75
Senior User
Biofuel stocks...

Most of the initial enthuiasm has already been priced in!!
Unless there's a technology breakthru these puppies are
probably going to coast downward. I don't think there will
be increaseing valuation due to earnings in the near future.

If your retired like me with 2-3 hrs a day with nothing
better to do than research, then by all means jump in.
If your still working for a living then: put your money in
your house or other real estate! :<)

Old 03-26-2008, 10:44 AM
MLCRI$I$ II
Tuned
Lightbulb National Biodiesel Board Reply About Investing

Originally Posted by JORYLEE76
not at all... bring on any idea's that are related so people like me who have limited or no education in this area can learn and get idea's on how best to go about investing and discussing anything realated to it.
The following is my reply (which I cut/pasted from my email) about BIODIESEL INVESTING from The National Biodiesel Board:

Thanks for writing.

As requested, we have attached a list of companies that have reported investment opportunities. The National Biodiesel Board is a non-profit trade association.<O</O

As the non-profit trade association, our office is geared more toward biodiesel education and market development and we really do not have program in place to align investors with companies looking for investments.

Another possible avenue involves the new "All Things Biodiesel" website.

See www.allthingsbiodiesel.com for more information.
The contact person is Doug Whitehead at dwhitehead@biodiesel.org.<O</O

Also, you might look to the web for information about the various investment seminars that are being hosted around the country.

Platt’s held one late last month in Houston, TX http://www.platts.com/Events/pc725/<O</O

National Biodiesel Board<O</O
Jefferson City</FONT><FONT color=#444444>, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:City w:st=[/img]<font color=" /><st1:State w:st="on">MO</st1:State>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></FONT></ST1<O</O

<FONT color=#444444><FONT color=#0068cf>www.biodiesel.org</FONT><O</O</FONT>

<FONT color=#444444><FONT color=#0068cf>www.AllThingsBiodiesel.com</FONT> is LIVE!</FONT>
<FONT color=#444444></FONT>

<FONT color=#444444></FONT><FONT color=#444444>I ALSO HAVE AN ATTACHMENT WHICH THE NBB INCLUDED IN MY EMAIL WHICH LISTS SEVERAL COMPANIES FOR INVESTMENT, BUT I CAN'T GET IT TO CUT/PASTE CORRECTLY. SEND A PM AND I WILL TRY IT THAT WAY.</FONT>

<FONT color=#444444><FONT color=#000000>HOPE THIS HELPS . REP POINTS? </FONT></O
<O
<O<FONT color=#000000>Ernie (MLCRI$I$ II)</FONT></O
</FONT>

Last edited by MLCRI$I$ II; 03-26-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: CORRECTIONS NEEDED
Old 03-29-2008, 01:46 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Firstly let me start by saying thank you for your posts. I'm trying to educate myself and others who are interested in the best way to invest in good and honest companies who in anyway are directly related to the development of bio fuel and making our country less re-lient on dino countries. I.E. the middle east. I hope that in some way this thread will help more people then just myself to not only make a little extra money for ourselves, but also make things better for our country and our future.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 PM
tabascom16
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I invested a few thousand a while back in biodiesel and ethanol and all the media hype about how they might not be any better for the environment than dino fuel hasnt helped. The companies I invested in havent done all too bad even though still not making a profit. I have lost probably over 60% since I invested (and this was even after the big bubble in 2005 or 2006?

I don't see the stocks turning around anytime soon nor getting much worse. It might be a good time to buy in but I am done wasting my money here and will invest my money elsewhere. There is just a lack of infrastructure in the biofuel market which I think keeps its prices low. There are factories being put up all over the place but not enough places that have pumps to sell it do supply and demand brings the price way down.

Food for thought...I learned the hard way.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 AM
JORYLEE76
Elder User
Originally Posted by tabascom16
I invested a few thousand a while back in biodiesel and ethanol and all the media hype about how they might not be any better for the environment than dino fuel hasnt helped. The companies I invested in havent done all too bad even though still not making a profit. I have lost probably over 60% since I invested (and this was even after the big bubble in 2005 or 2006?

I don't see the stocks turning around anytime soon nor getting much worse. It might be a good time to buy in but I am done wasting my money here and will invest my money elsewhere. There is just a lack of infrastructure in the biofuel market which I think keeps its prices low. There are factories being put up all over the place but not enough places that have pumps to sell it do supply and demand brings the price way down.

Food for thought...I learned the hard way.
great post and information. thanks. I hope that as prices go up, the growing discontent for alternate sorces will force a change and hopefully we will start to find more and more bio pumps at are everyday gas stations. with that I would hope that companies involved in alternate energy and bio fuels will start to come up more and more to help us as a country become less relient on crude iol and other types of energy that is more harmful to this great country and our world.
JoryLee