2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 F150 Rear differential Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:40 AM
maximus_ford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 F150 Rear differential Vibrations

Hello Fellow Ford truck lovers,

THE "BACKGROUND" PART
~ I have a 04' F-150, I love second, only to my wife. I bought it brand new in March 04' for Buckeye Ford in London, ohio, bout 5 miles on it. It has been an awesome truck. Now four years and 82K Later the rear differential is having bad vibrations from a stop\start or while turning. I got on this awesome website site and did some searching and found what others have done to resolve the issue about changing the rear differential oil and adding the Friction modifier.

THE "WHAT I DID" PART
~ I went down to the local auto parts store and bought a Synthetic gear oil has suggested in the book and bought a bottle of (friction Modifier, gear oil additive (parts store brand)) and a gasket. I drained\changed the gear oil. Same problem no change.
~ Called stealership - No recall issued
~ Found this - https://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/full...php?tsb=06-4-4

THE "QUESTION" PART
~ Should I change the differential oil again with the "FORD APPROVED" Gear oil and friction modifier from the stealership?
~ Should I let it go for a few days and see if the change I did eventually fixes it?
~ Should I take it to the stealership and have them diagnose and fix. ( when stealership is involved usually very costly)

Please share your thoughts\experiences

thanks,
Max