Wrenchin' spot in eastern MA

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
c4barnes
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wrenchin' spot in eastern MA

Hey gang -

Does anyone rent or know of any shop space to rent for reasonably cheap? I'm not sure Mrs. Landlord is going to take too kindly to the homely girl I'm about to bring home & would ideally like to find a reasonable place to keep her while I make her presentable. I'm in Newton, so anywhere west of Boston would work. My guess is no, but thought I'd post anyway.

Thanks!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 PM
cdrmotorsports
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll keep my eye out for you. I'm always stumbling into things like that. It usually ends with me saying "man I could get me a sweet project" but then reality hits. Haha

Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
c4barnes
Elder User
lol - reality is hitting now that I have just gotten into one of those projects.

Thanks for the help.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
thedaddycat
Posting Guru
Try one of those "U store it" places, they can sometimes have decent size spaces though probably no heat or lights.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
cdrmotorsports
Postmaster
Yeah, maybe a Uhaul or something like that. There are a lot more spots that have more of a garage space now that just rental rooms.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:31 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,089 Likes on 4,179 Posts
Pictures...this thread is worthless without pictures!!! Before...during...and after!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
c4barnes
Elder User
Yeah, maybe a Uhaul or something like that. There are a lot more spots that have more of a garage space now that just rental rooms.
Running into a lot of promising ads that end with "Storage Only!!!!!" They seem to know I'm coming.

Pictures...this thread is worthless without pictures!!! Before...during...and after!!!
Of the truck? Sure, once I finally get it home! It's currently in New Castle, DE, where I dumped it last Fri. in the face of the storm for a set of tires and a lookover. 4x2 + bald tires + God knows what gremlins + NJ Turnpike + storm = I'm a wuss. Of course, we didn't make it much past Trenton before the Amtrak we boarded broke down...

Old 04-01-2008, 09:40 AM
c4barnes
Elder User
Thought I'd give this a bump in case anyone has stumbled into something. Need electric and I'm guessing those storage places have very specific opinions about clients grinding away on steel, etc. on their premises.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:19 AM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by c4barnes
Thought I'd give this a bump in case anyone has stumbled into something. Need electric and I'm guessing those storage places have very specific opinions about clients grinding away on steel, etc. on their premises.

I didn't see this before..

I would keep an eye on craigslist..

boston parking & storage classifieds - craigslist

There are a bunch in Newton..

Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
c4barnes
Elder User
Originally Posted by donjamer
I didn't see this before..

I would keep an eye on craigslist..

boston parking & storage classifieds - craigslist
That's where I started, but around here they're always VERY explicit about storage only, no working on your cars. They have a ton of commercial space but for prices that are prohibitve to a single hobbyist. Need to find like 10 like-mided people and just find a proper space without all the residential hassle, but of course that's easier said than done. However, I did know a bunch of Subaru enthusiasts who did just that in NJ.