1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Anyone inform me of new van to buy? Wife is jealous of my trucks-hehe

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:38 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Anyone inform me of new van to buy? Wife is jealous of my trucks-hehe

Hi Guys--I know this isn't old truck worthy--but need some direction! The wife let me buy a 18' car-trailer and I get it Sunday. We got 3'' of snow today-crap!! Anyway---she says '' she wants a new van -and I get any old truck I want-so why can't she get what she wants?''
I had a awd green safari van with v6 and the van would pull like a truck. The van was sold a while back. We miss the van and NOW SHE WANTS A NEW ONE!!! Anyone have any good ideas on what to buy? The safari and astro are no longer made? Does anyone make a AWD with good gas mileage,and we need a van because we travel with 3 dogs alot. That is why we have a 56 truck camper.
Long story-short---can anyone give a recommendation on a great van?...BILL

Old 03-28-2008, 09:07 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
all i'll say is stay away from any ford with a 3.8 or derivitave of it as all the ones we / the wife has had blow head gaskets and are pretty much junk after that .

Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I am amazed at all the vehicles out there. But,when it comes time to buy--they do not make a awd van much anymore. I like to have 1 vehicle to do everything--good mileage/good in snow/rear air for the dogs/tow a trailer.
I used to use a truck--but the van is much better for the dogs and keeping everyone warm or cool.
Ford diesel cargo van is what we are considering,but the diesels are rare and expensive and the fuel is so high ----what to do??/ Bill

Old 03-28-2008, 10:21 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Vans in general and AWD ones in particular are very rare today. Vans are pretty much relegated to commercial duty and as such are pretty much stripped out shells.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:29 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I don't need all the leather seating and audio and tv screens etc.,of conversion vans. I do however want a van for above reasons,but yes awd and vans are a small market. I need awd for many reasons and for pulling trailers in snow and mud. I would buy a truck again,but have been there and done that. A van with cargo capacity and good fuel mileage is essential today....Thanks Bill