Can you be a little more specific please. "Applet" means nothing to me doesn't even appear on th epage from the link. I'm trying everything I can to ge tthe picture postin gthing working again. Thanks,
Problem is we can't even get as far as the page that says "Imige file can not be uploaded to our server......." when you try to do ANYTHING with the gallerys - create...edit....the site closes down and so does the Internet Explorer...it's just plain GONE. There is some type of a compatibility problem with the site update and perhaps certain software...... and it's happening to A LOT of people.
Windows XP; Norton 360; IE7; JAVA with JSE 6 update 5. The Pop up swatter is off, the Norton is disabled, I've logged out and logged back in; the prestart checklist is complete; fire bottles manned; prop arcs clear; I've got a thumbs up from the Plane Captain; and I'm ready to post pictures.
Ya know my grandmother used to call my dad every saturday to come fix the Tv because she couldn't watch Lawrence Welk. Me and my dad would get there and the stupid thing would work fine. I'll never forget the look on her face.
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!!! I JUST GOT IT TO WORK...TRY ALL THIS STUFF
1. I went back and did a re-download of JAVA and it's JSE 6 Update 5 Java Technology
2. Turned off the pop up swatter (as usual)
3. Left the Norton 360 ON
4. Went to User CP
5. Clicked Edit Gallery (it stayed and the gallerys showed up this time)
6. Rolled down to Browse and it worked
7. Selected the photo I wanted and clicked on open (as usual)
8. When completed clicked "Download"
9. Located photo to attach in gallery and clicked on [Forum code - For displaying image in forum posts] Copy the URL...BUT NOTE, do not copy the "http://" on the code with the rest of the URL - the "http://"is already in the space youare going to paste the code and if you have it twice it doesn't work.
10. Go to the thread and use "Advanced" instead of "post quick reply"
11. Where you want to insert the photo, click th elittle landscape icon in th emenu bar and the window for the photo URL opens. Paste the URL (without the http://) behind the existing http:// in the box.
12. The box closes and you will see the URL code in your response between two end caps like this "[img]"
13. Hit submit reply and it works.
Dennis and Edd together helped with this and when I was griping at Dennis, it worked for the first time. So the moral of th estory is if you want to try to fix the photo posting problem, I would re download your JAVA programs and gripe at Dennis
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.