General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Thank You Gas Drug Lords!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Phil150
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Thank You Gas Drug Lords!!!!!!!!!!

Well it happen, a few weeks ago i traded in the F150 for a Focus!!. Thats right a Focus, i mean i keep it Ford but man. Freakin Gas Prices were killing me, this thing gets like 28 to 33 mpg dependin on my anger level. Good Bye $80 fill-up for 400 miles an hello $37 fill-up for the same. God Help the United States of America, if you want to know the problem with our Ecomony. We'll if you ask me it the freakin GAS PRICES!!! When i started driving it was like .95 cents! The United Stated of America needs to kick all the illegals out and un-F#% the Gas prices fast. All the rest will fall into place once people start to travel again.

Feel free to pipe in an throw your 2 CENTs in...........

Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil150
Well it happen, a few weeks ago i traded in the F150 for a Focus!!. Thats right a Focus, i mean i keep it Ford but man. Freakin Gas Prices were killing me, this thing gets like 28 to 33 mpg dependin on my anger level. Good Bye $80 fill-up for 400 miles an hello $37 fill-up for the same. God Help the United States of America, if you want to know the problem with our Ecomony. We'll if you ask me it the freakin GAS PRICES!!! When i started driving it was like .95 cents! The United Stated of America needs to kick all the illegals out and un-F#% the Gas prices fast. All the rest will fall into place once people start to travel again.

I bought a new focus in '02 and loved the hell out of it. I traded it for an '04 Expy for my wife.

Tim

Old 03-26-2008, 07:11 PM
tjthegreat
Elder User
vote for hillary shell take care of you lol

Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
FX4Joe
Freshman User
Damn, soory to that. I do feel the pain though. I just bought my 06 FX 4 two months ago so I will walk before I sell my beautiful Fiona da F150.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
When I started driving, gas was 50 cents a gallon...For PREMIUM...In CALIFORNIA!!! Adjusting those prices for inflation, and today's wages, it's about 37 cents more per gallon. I'm not happy, but I'm dealing with it. Me thinks we got spoiled, but the prices are way too high. Could be worse...Could be in Europe. Or you could get it pretty cheap...In Iraq...wouldn't pay you much over there as a civilian Iraqi though....

Old 03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
I6power
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by F0rdzTuff
Or you could get it pretty cheap...In Iraq...wouldn't pay you much over there as a civilian Iraqi though....
Good point. Either way your losing an arm and a leg.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have no idea how illegals in the U.S. is related to the price of gasoline or what "un-F#% the Gas prices fast" means, so I am not sure where to toss my 2 cents. In my opinion, the problem with our economy is DEBT.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head on how illegals are running up gas prices.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM
ashshade
Senior User
I'll tell you one thing, you kick the illegals out we are going to have more problems than just high gas prices.

Housing will take another big hit.
Food will get spendy.
Fresh fruits and vegies will be a thing of the past.
Social Security will go down the tubes faster than it is now.
It would just cause all sorts of problems that no one wants to deal with.

But yea, this gas price sucks. The wife will be getting a new vehicle soon, it was going to be a mid sized SUV, now it will most likely be a Fusion. That and the $4 diesel in the 250 hurts, no to ways about that.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Originally Posted by ashshade
Social Security will go down the tubes faster than it is now.
how so??????????

Old 03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dono
the problem with our economy is DEBT.
Yeah, because we have to get personal loans every time we fill up our trucks.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
tjthegreat
Elder User
i wouldnt really care how many aliens were running around if gas was under 2.00,but that will never happen

Old 03-26-2008, 09:54 PM
desert1dog
Senior User
$4.99 a Gallon!

Hello Phil!

I recently saw an actual picture on the Television of a Station located in the East that Posted $4.99 per Gallon for 87 Octane! My goodness when will it end?

Mark

Postscript: Damn Oil Companies and others!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:56 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tjthegreat
i wouldnt really care how many aliens were running around if gas was under 2.00,but that will never happen

During the late 70's oil embargo people said gas would never come back down to "normal" prices but they did. Gas will come back down again for awhile, but it will creep back up after everyone gets complacent again. It's all a vicious cycle.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:23 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm not worried about gas prices I wish they would hurry up and get to $5 or $6 a gal. I'm tired of hearing how high it is going to get. I wish it would just get there. Then the roads won't be so crowded.
I still cruse around in my 86 F250 4x4 460 at 10 MPG. It's only $140 to fill both tanks if empty. Buying a fuel economy car is crazy. For the price of the car you can buy a lot of gas. I own all my vehicles outright. So I'm not worried at all. My wife commutes 90/day for work. But we have planned & prepared for what is starting to happen 8 years ago. We saw it coming one day, now all that preparation is going to pay off. There were warnings posted on this Forum & many others over the years, most just ignored it thinking we were crazy. Well maybe not so crazy now.

Quick Reply: Thank You Gas Drug Lords!!!!!!!!!!