1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New to this forum

Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome Steve; I must warn you. Beware of the darkside! Its allure is strong and there are many here that will try to sway you away from the light. While even I will admit to succombing to the attraction of some modern contrivances, our trucks look best in their stock form. Oh yes, some will tempt you with splendid pictures of their projects, showing blowers, headers, louvers, and dumpers. (For some reason, words mods ending in "ers" are the most common.) But you must be strong, and resist the urges you are undoubtedly about to experience.

Symptoms that you may experience should you fall under the spell of the darkside include:
1. Stockpiling huge amounts of after-market catalogs with dog-eared pages marking endless numbers of billet or stainless parts.
2. Large boxes of said parts being delivered by UPS and stacked in the ever-shrinking garage, awaiting installation.
3. A constant heat coming from your credit card as purchasing activities escalate to the point of melt down.

Building your truck closer to stock will still be expensive, but no where as high as many of the darksiders'.

So, good luck and let us see some pix of those high stacks of boxes parts in the corner. Jag

Old 03-26-2008, 05:01 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome to our little part of FTE. You can still wander into the garage forum now and then....we don't mind.

Congrats on getting a '52.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:27 PM
sandhillmike
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome from sunny Florida

Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the funny farm Glad to hear of someone else saving one of these old trucks from the fiends who call themselves Scrappers. Good luck, keep us posted and get those pics up!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Welcome the FTE Steve. Looking forward to driving out to your house for the cookies this Saturday. I love mine with extra chocolate-chips if you would please. Where in Denver did you find the truck and why so far from Cal?? I assume it was a real dry or straight. Anyway, post pics in a gallery when you can so we can help you along the way and then you can show us the pics when needed. A big welcome again.
Jon

Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 AM
Sandidande
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howdy and welcome!

I think you are going to love your truck and the restoration. I'm about 5 years off from retiring and I am restoring a 51 Five Star Deluxe Cab. I restored a 55 F-100 that had been in a fire from 80 to 84; and a 56 F-100 from 94-96. Sold them both and am sick about it. I like my 51 the best of all three.

This is a great site to learn all kinds of tidy information and get help with any kind of problem you can imagine. Notice you're in Bakersfield. There is a reliable guy in Kingman that parts out 51/52s and sell on e-bay.

Did you get your truck in Denver or Erie?

Best wishes - call if you need anything,
Dan

Old 03-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Welcome to the best place on the web. How about some pictures of your truck. We love pictures. Start a gallery when you can.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:13 AM
cool 48
Senior User
Welcome to the forum. You can always find help here if you need it. And you can always find opinions when you don't. Just kidding!! All the info you need wrapped up in a little website. Pic's!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 AM
gdgerland
Elder User
Talking

Welcome, Steve, and congrats. on your '52. If I had known retirement was this much fun I would have done it years ago. Best site on the web for our affliction. Sorta like the AA for Ford truck addicts. They are kinda like potato chips, you can't have just one. Keep us posted on your progress.

........Oh, did anyone mention pics.?

Gil

Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
fixnair
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow! What a welcome. Didn't expect this amount of replies. I'll be glad to host the party this weekend only me and the wife are driving to San Diego this weekend to visit the kids but thats allright, I'll leave a key under the doormat. Just clean up the garage while I'm gone, OK?

Yes I did buy it in Erie Co. and thanks for the tip on the guy in Kingman. Is that in Arizona?

I have been trying to post pics but have not gotten the hang of it yet. Will keep trying though.

Steve

Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM
56efffie
Elder User
Welcome Steve, Someday I want to get one of those older trucks

Old 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Sandidande
Senior User
Tee hee trying to post pictures - har har har.....Welcome to a new education. It's easy once you get the hang of it, but write down how you did it or you'll forget it next time.

I've bought some parts from the guy in Erie and they seem to be nice folks - good parts. Did you buy your truck through e-bay? If so I may have seen it. The guys in Kingman (California) are about half way between the Beautiful Desert Oasis of Bakersfield, and the Thriving Garden Metrolopis of Fresno. It's just off CA99 I think somewhere around X-Castle AFB maybe a little south.

Dan

PS 56efffie you are from White City Or? Shoot, my former in laws live out on Lake Creek Loop about 3 miles past the Brownsboro Tavern - Just where the road forks off and goes up to the little store and gas station up in the Cascade Ranches (South Fork Little Butte Creek)! 125 acres BEATUIFUL

Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 AM
fixnair
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dan, do you mean Kingsburg Ca? Just south of Fresno. And by the way my computer took a dump while I was trying to learn how to post pictures.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:26 AM
mercman65
Senior User
welcome to the form steve

Old 03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Welcome Steve! This place is great, but very ADDICTIVE!! Or so my wife says. She's thinking about checkin me into the "Henry Ford Clinic" There's some smart guys on here and then theres the rest of us

WELCOME and GOD bless

Search this Thread