Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Freshman User

D-Rock is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power Windows Slow plus...

Hey all - '07 Expy...still low miles (6k)...traded up from an '01 Mountaineer and I love it...used to frequent the Exploder forums here.

That said, a few minor things that I have noticed outside of aleady existing topics here and I'm looking for input or experiences. (it should be noted, that I am taking it in for a bunch of this stuff, so I'll update as I get more info)

When I roll up more than one window at at time, the speed of of roll up becomes ridiculous - like 15-20 seconds. This is with the engine running, while driving, with engine off....doesn't matter. Very slow if you pull more than on switch. Odd.

Rear glass closes very hard...check for missing rubber stops, but everything appears to be in place. Anyone else seen this?

Also need the tranny reflash, which they will do, so not much more that what has been said.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When I roll up more than one it gets slower, I have not timed it, but I will. I took mine back for the rear glass requiring too much pressure to shut, they said they adjusted something, but it's the same.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Senior User

Newton007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I never noticed the window speed. You will have to take it in to have the door handles fixed on warranty (recall). As far as the transmission reflash goes, good luck, see the transmission problems thread.
The transmission is a weak point and seems to problem prone.
At least the 07 engine and drive train (except transmission) brakes, steering and all seems to be working OK at 5600 miles.
No rattles, shakes or other wind noise. (yet)
The passenger door Expedition badge is falling off.
I had to paint the guage red indicators white, so I can see them in the day.
The front licence plate bracket will fall off unless you use some big long sheet metal screws to hold it on with.
The heating and cooling controls work, but have a mind of their own at times and will turn on the AC compressor in very cold weather if you don't watch it real close.

All and all I would say that my EB 4X4 07 is "OK" but that's about it.
A few good points: Great sound system.
A lot of power.
Would I buy another one?
Don't know.
I would read all these posts to get an idea what to look out for and there are some good people here that can help on those difficult problems. Everyone here has really helped me out a lot already.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Postmaster

Measured the window speed. All idleing with A/C on. One front window. 4 seconds to close from full open. Two windows-5 seconds. 4 windows, 5 seconds.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Freshman User

PMarch is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the same problem on my car, not my truck. But a few weeks later, the battery died.
I was at the dealer when it died and I asked them about the windows. They said. It is the first sign that your battery is getting weak.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Paul
Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Junior User

Baumbach is starting off with a positive reputation.
Try it with the engine off, roll all windows up and down a few times and they will come to a stop, they work much better with the engine on, but I still had my back left windows so darn slow, the dealer replaced it under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry1234
Measured the window speed. All idleing with A/C on. One front window. 4 seconds to close from full open. Two windows-5 seconds. 4 windows, 5 seconds.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Junior User

cjgeorge32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Small Problems

I would like to start this new thread by saying I LOVE MY 2007 Expy Limited EL. I am on my 4th Expedition. However my Expy has been in the shop 4 times….I have had it since June 2007 and I have 9,000 miles on it…

Problems:

1. You all know this problem I have in this thread I started a couple of months back..

2007 Chrome Clad Rims...Outraged!!

2. The strut on the motorized liftgate was making a horrible screeching sound going up and down…Problem fixed with a replacement strut.

3. Driver side mirror was very loose….Problem fixed with a replacement mirror.

4. A wind storm was coming through the driver side window at speeds in excess of 40 MPH…..Problem fixed with a replacement of the felt-like molding on the inside of the window.

5. the heated and cooled seats buttons on the AC cluster will not light up and therefore the seat will not heat or cool. The passenger side works fine. …Problem not fixed yet…

6. Also, the leather on the driver seat is wearing much faster than my previous Expy’s.

7. When I put the truck in reverse and I apply the breaks to stop I sometimes hear a “thud” coming from what I think is the rear brakes. I does not do it all the time. The “thud” ranges from very loud, to where I think I have hit something, to very quiet.

My rear windows are also very slow...

I hope this helps some of you with similar issues….

Old 08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rock View Post
Hey all - '07 Expy...still low miles (6k)...traded up from an '01 Mountaineer and I love it...used to frequent the Exploder forums here.

That said, a few minor things that I have noticed outside of aleady existing topics here and I'm looking for input or experiences. (it should be noted, that I am taking it in for a bunch of this stuff, so I'll update as I get more info)

When I roll up more than one window at at time, the speed of of roll up becomes ridiculous - like 15-20 seconds. This is with the engine running, while driving, with engine off....doesn't matter. Very slow if you pull more than on switch. Odd.

Rear glass closes very hard...check for missing rubber stops, but everything appears to be in place. Anyone else seen this?

Also need the tranny reflash, which they will do, so not much more that what has been said.

Any thoughts?

Just took mine in for this on a back window. They replaced the motor and regulator. Now it flies!

Old 08-09-2008, 03:39 AM
New User

andry is starting off with a positive reputation.
i suspect to the motor.

open 3 or 4 windows (the same time) slower than open 1 window, it is normal....(my car too).
Old 08-09-2008, 03:39 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2004, electric, expedition, ford, power, slow, uing, windows