Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior User

cornfedp is starting off with a positive reputation.
I Did It!

I did something I have never done before today. I have always been a bit fearful of having to fix a carbuerator. My truck runnin like phooey changed that. Tore my carb down, cleaned it out and put a kit in it and it runs like a champ.

Gotta love when new experiences turn out positive.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Elder User

gquinn8516 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congrats Darin! Carbs are fun to work with once you start to understand them. Good Carb guys are getting hard to find. There are only a couple of good ones left in my town (Kearney) so those of us who drive the old school have to be able to work on them.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Post Fiend

husker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to behold
Way to go Darin and the carb overhaul. Isn't it a great feeling when you do something new like that and it works. Kind of makes up for those times when it didn't work. Still it is great fun to fix something on your truck and have it work. I've done a ton of things on my old trucks in the last 10 years, that I would have been afraid to tackle in the past.
78 Bronco
54 F250
64 Thunderbird
Old 03-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Senior User

ElwoodMurphy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congrats, I know the feeling. Back in the mid 70's the first time I did it was on a Mopar six pack. Then tore into some GM 4 barrels. It's not so bad if you can do it right.

92 Flareside 4X4, 4.9, 5 spd
Nebraska Chapter Member
Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Congrats on the rebuild Darin! The first carb I ever tried to rebuild was a disaster!! I ended up scrapping it, and buying a new carb (I was 15 at the time). But, I learned quick, and actually got pretty good at Holleys and quadrajets. I have done one for ages, though. They are actually fun to rebuild!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter