Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM
RAMPAGE_F350
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Will a 3 year membership come with a sticker and t-shirt? Eventually

EDIT :

The 12 steps of PAA.

1. We admitted we were powerless over PMS - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Powerstroke greater than ours could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of FTE as we understand it to be.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our need for MODS.

5. Admitted to FTE, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our PMS.

6. Were entirely ready to have FTE members make fun of all our PMS defects of character.

7. Humbly asked FTE to remove our shortcomings, and if FTE does not have the ability NO ONE does.

8. Made a list of all parts we have harmed, and became willing to make repairs to them all.

9. Made direct repairs to such parts wherever possible, except when to do so would harm our friend while

he is doing the work and we are holding his beer.

10. Continued to take personal inventory of all the MODS still sitting in the garage and not on the truck.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with FTE members as we

understood them, praying only for their advice and the will power to see it through.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to those

afflicted with PMS and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
After reading this post, something flew into my eye and made my eye water slightly.
But...then I remembered that I just ordered a set of International Bellowed Up-Pipes this morning and they will be here next week!
All is well...

Old 03-20-2008, 01:49 PM
uliman
Senior User
Great job, GraysonPSD. I knew I could count on the tremendous ingenuity of our members (even if it is just a tiny wee bit of plagiarism).

It's hopeless, this addiction. Some say its genetic but I think when my son's son is our age diesel fuel will either be gone or just for the elite super rich.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM
nhill2090
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow everyoen came up with some good rules for our PAA group

now we just gotta put it in our sigs for all to know who the elite PAA members are

Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
I cant take credit for this Pete(F250_) originally wrote it but it just seems to fit here.

Recent report from Mechanical Community Health Training Center at the Henry Ford Clinic:

"PMS (mechanical version) = Performance Mod Syndrome, or also known as Powerstroke Mod Syndrome

PMS: Although this disorder is almost universally restricted to male patients, there are a few known cases of it being diagnosed in females. Regardless of gender, once a patient has been verified to have contracted this insidious form of an auto-immune disorder, it has been proven that there is no cure. In all cases, the contraction of this disorder is universally linked to the possession of a vehicle with a diesel engine (generally a Ford Powerstroke). The root cause of this disorder is suspected to be related to audible engine noise frequencies and/or the aromatic fumes from diesel fuel and engine exhaust. The exact process by which this illness is contracted, though, is not adequately understood and requires more study.

Diagnosing this disorder can be a very difficult thing because of certain similarities with other types of disorders. Therefore, it can only be verified by a rather diligent approach to an old-fashioned methodology called "process of elimination". One alternative medical problem often confused with this PMS disorder is "Ahltzeimer's Disease" due to the comparative similarities in its effect on the patient's memory. For example, you may hear the patient say something like, "I don't remember exactly what that bill to DP Tuners is for. It must be something for my stereo when it was acting up a while back." Or, "I think that Brian's Truck Shop invoice is from accumulated oil changes that they saved up and charged us for all at once." Or even something as bold as, "No, Honey, I don't remember ordering that new set of injectors, but, since they're here I might as well install them."

The only way to sometimes distinguish this form of PMS from Ahltziemer's is with the patient's age at the time when its symptoms are being revealed, since the latter is generally restricted to patients who are over 50 years of age. However, there is an overlap period from about 40 to 65 where it can still be either disorder.

The process of diagnosis, therefore, can be rather drawn out due to the subtle imposition of its effects on the patient. The diagnosis, though, once confirmed, is verified with absolute certainty! Although a cure is not yet known, through the regular encouragements of significant others in the patients life (such as spouse, parent, etc.), the impact of this disorder can generally be controlled to varying degrees. Successfully controlling this disorder's impact, though, varies depending upon the patient's obstinacy and the potential consequences imposed by the patient's "encouragers".

Other symptoms of this disorder, as with many other auto-immune disorders, causes the patient to take otherwise normal information regarding their automobile and re-interpret that information into some twisted reason for further investment (i.e. performance modification, or, "mod"). It almost seems that no one is truly resistant to this disorder once they purchase one of these diesel vehicles (generally a truck), and its long term effects have been known to result in a variety of situations that can have permanent impact on the patient's livelihood, relationships with others, and overall lifestyle.

If it becomes critical or otherwise necessary that this disorder be permenantly controlled, the only treatment found to-date is the most difficult for the patient to survive, since it requires getting rid of the forestated object of their passion (i.e. their diesel truck). Even with this severe form of treatment, residual problems are sustained in the patients mental capacities. Those patients who undergo this method of treatment often end up returning to their prior condition by eventually justifying the re-acquisition of another vehicle similar to the initially infecting possession. In such cases of recurrant purchases, the excuse always given is based on "new and improved design features" that supposedly eliminate the need for any investments for modification."

Oh By the Way, my sig is full of my Mods, I cannot add the PAA line. I guess that means I have a real problem.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:47 PM
00Dave
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Even though I'm not as far along on my mods as most of you guys, I still have this addiction. I wake up, go all day, then go to bed, thinking about my truck and all the things I've learned on here and want to do. I find myself just looking at my truck and thinking man, what a good lookin' truck. Wish I had some more money to really wake you up. All in good time sweetie. I think that in the short time I have owned my truck, I have washed, waxed, and cleaned it more than all my other vehicles I have owned. I want to spend all my time just learning and doing these mods. Am I an addict? LLEH right I am!! I also really enjoy this site and all of the people on here that are willing to share what they know. I only wish that I could help some of you with your addiction.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Hi my name is Bill and I have just finished 6 months at the Henry Ford clinic. (My wife had me commited).
After a relapse, (When I was caught with a second savings account book while chanting OPEN OPEN OPEN while waiting for DP Tuner's people to return from vacation.) I was found in the corner rocking back and forth "Must place order...Must place order"...I was court ordered to join a support group. So I would like to join PAA. So where do I sign? I got the beer and wrenches.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
PAA. I think I have it. I know I smoked it in the 70s. I am not sure but I believe I danced to it in the 80s. Were we fighting for it in the 90s? OK, now it is the 00', and I think it is costing me money now. I think I have it.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 AM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by miller_feed
PAA. I think I have it. I know I smoked it in the 70s. I am not sure but I believe I danced to it in the 80s. Were we fighting for it in the 90s? OK, now it is the 00', and I think it is costing me money now. I think I have it.
I resemble those remarks.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:42 AM
GRECO
Senior User
Talking

I can't believe you people, No wonder you have to come here and talk to each other. It's like you can't find anyone else to talk to cause they just dont understand the lingo. They (ur I mean) We look at you like you are from another planet. You are all weak. If you were more like me, you could stop any time you wanted to. Like me. Get a Life!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO---My 5"
Turbo Back Diesel Exhaust System is at here. Who wants to come over and help me hold my beer, while slobber all over it before I modify it and put in on something around here.

Man I am one of the lucky ones. I thank Mr. Ford everyday I am not like you people.

Good Luck.....

If you need support you can call me at my shop at 1-800-350-3825 (DUAL)

Old 03-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 779 Likes on 595 Posts
Count me in as well.
Every Superduty I encounter, the first thing I look for is guage pods and a 5" exhaust.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:10 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi.....my name is Travis and I'm a member of PAA.

If being a member is wrong......I don't wanna be right!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
rep points given to every single member of PAA that I was able to! Said I can't give anymore within 24 hours! We have to support our fellow members

Old 03-21-2008, 09:56 AM
joegebff
Gone Fishin for Mark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All right already......quit twistin my arm. Im in.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
03_PSD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Count me in as well.
Every Superduty I encounter, the first thing I look for is guage pods and a 5" exhaust.
lol...i do the same thing!!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:02 PM
ron01sd
Senior User
i'll call to set up a time for my first meeting right after i get off the phone with my local diesel performance shop. he he.

Quick Reply: Powerstroke Addicts Annonymous