2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antenna Warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:46 AM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antenna Warranty??

Hey guys looking for some advice,

Took my dads 06 f150 in to a dealer this morning. Has only 20K on it. Awhile back the antenna was really loose and so he unscrewed it, it wouldn't tighten back on. What had happend was the bolt had broken. Anyways this morning we took it in to get an oil change, tires rotated etc. Told them to fix the antenna, the lady checking us in "talked" to her boss for awhile then came back and said the foreman needs to make the decision. The foreman called us back here at home about 15min later. Just as we got back. He said since its an 06 it can't be a manufacterers defect and such we have to pay. Ok what is it? Its 15 bucks. Still waiting to see if they tack on labor charges etc. for their "trouble' of course they would have to drill out the broken piece on there.

What should we do? Should we contact Ford? Should we talk to someone higher up in mgmnt at the dealer?

Thanks for the advice guys!
Would like the advice a bit fast, but any help is appreciated.

Later,
Paul

Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 AM
stx2006
New User
More than likely since its under 30K the dealer would of fixed it for you for free. My driver side door lock wasn't working all the time and they fixed it for free!

But hey, I could of sold you mine since I have sat radio so I never hooked my FM/AM antenna back up! lol...

Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 AM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
Just go buy another antenna at auto zone...They have nicer ones, but it is only an antenna. $15.00 or so....

Old 03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
Yeah fordz,

Its not the price, its the customer service.
Maybe i am older but I still should think I can take my car in under warranty and they will even find stuff I don't know about and fix it, not to mention the stuff that did indeed break and I noticed. You can look at the bolt and its the typical cheap bolts made, you can buy these bolts for less than 5 cents at home depot, lowes, ace whatever. If it wasn't designed to be 'strong', then they didn't use enough loctite to keep it in to keep it from breaking. The antenna loosened by itself, and broke by itself, and now with a perfectly good warranty still valid the dealer wants us to pay?

I was just wondering if it was covered or not. I know i can pick one up cheap. I know a couple other dealers in town are pretty nice so we will be checking them out. The sad thing is this place has been good to us before but now its like we don't care that you have a problem. Realize this is the first problem with the truck I still love Ford and this dealer is pretty good. Just the way they talked to us and their logic? "Its an 06 so it can't be a manufacters defect" that is verbatim from the foreman.

Its a super cab f150 4.6L with 3.73 gears, 2006.

Thanks keep the advice coming.

Later,
Paul

Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
make them fix it.....thats rediculous if they don't

Old 03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
Well, I had to go and do some fill-in contracting work while my dad picked up the truck without my knowledge. He paid for it $15. I am glad they didn't charge labor, but still they made us pay. I am going to email Ford, call Ford, call the dealer and speak to management about this. Everyone I have talked to, most of us have bought Ford for a long time said it should have been fixed free. This is not representative of Ford's customer service or the dealer's great customer service.

The dealer is (name removed) here in Mesa Arizona. This is the first and only problem with the truck and they treated us like dirt. Keep in mind they have been nice, but now something happend it is like it is to their inconvenience to fix it.

Well at least they didn't charge labor. Ford will be hearing from me! Keep in mind it isn't Ford's problem, and I still will buy the best!

Later,
Paul

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 03-20-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
3yrs, 36000 miles bumper to bumper means they will fix it. Call Ford's customer service line and bitch 'em out...They'll fix it. I didn't mean that in a snotty way when I said that. If mine does the same thing, I'll just swap it out myself. I'd spend more money in gas going to the dealer to get it fixed. Plus the time off from work, etc. That's all I meant. I don't disrespect people. It's not nice.

Where ya' at in Minnesota? I lived in Edina for a year when I worked with a reserve unit out of Fort Snelling.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 PM
92mnfordtrk
Senior User
I go to college in New Ulm, MN. Be back there shortly. Living up the warm weather in Phx AZ!!