Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Senior User

derekmj64 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Post MPG Calculator for Oversized tires

I created a excel 2003 file that will calculate the difference between your stock tire size and your new tire size. You can also put in the speed from your speedometer and it will tell you what your actual speed is with your larger tires. It is setup to where you can go from big tires to small or small tires to large. The table at the bottom of the page takes the percent differnce of the two tires into consideration when calculating your MPG and will give you a readout of your correct MPG.

This file is set up to compare metric to metric tire sizes, english to engilsh. metric to english, and english to metric. There are tabs on the bottom of the excel page so you can select the correct application.

I hope some of you can find this helpful....

Derek J.

Here is the link from my website I made at school:
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~d5jaromin/page_2.html

Go down to the heading - For my Tire and MPG Calculator and click the link below it and you can download the excel file.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
pretty handy
thanks for the spreadsheet
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Senior User

SVLERF250PWRSTRKE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very nice, like the colors too. I always wondered how much my 285's threw my speedo off but was too lazy to figure it up

99' CC SB XLT 4X4 Auto ,
Harpoon, Napa Filter, Straight piped in front of the rear wheel, Autometer Ultra-lite gauges, Deinsulated hard pipe, 05' headlights, TS performance flip chip (100, 140, Stock, High Idle), TC lock up, EBP Exhaust brake, 285/75/16 tires, Electric Sliding Rear Glass\\

221,XXX and not counting bad vss
Old 03-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Senior User

derekmj64 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I was bored in my Operations Management class so I decided to do something productive and this was the result. I couldn't seem to find anything online that included all of it so i decided to make one and create a website so everyone can get to it and use it.

I am glad you guys found it helpful

Derek J.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
New User

Michael J Edwards is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question question

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmj64 View Post
I created a excel 2003 file that will calculate the difference between your stock tire size and your new tire size. You can also put in the speed from your speedometer and it will tell you what your actual speed is with your larger tires. It is setup to where you can go from big tires to small or small tires to large. The table at the bottom of the page takes the percent differnce of the two tires into consideration when calculating your MPG and will give you a readout of your correct MPG.

This file is set up to compare metric to metric tire sizes, english to engilsh. metric to english, and english to metric. There are tabs on the bottom of the excel page so you can select the correct application.

I hope some of you can find this helpful....

Derek J.

Here is the link from my website I made at school:
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~d5jaromin/page_2.html

Go down to the heading - For my Tire and MPG Calculator and click the link below it and you can download the excel file.

derek, could you either post the file again or email it to me. it was a great help to be but someone deleted it. thanks mike, bzigmzike@gmail.com
Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 AM
New User

acewolf is starting off with a positive reputation.
your mpg

can you repost the link again i like to see it thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 AM