This is how i release the carbon outta my V-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:12 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is how i release the carbon outta my V-10

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...aXXXd?start=48

Video 510 is what i am refering to towards the title of the thread youll see at the end of hte vid. My buddies call it "first time". BTW turn the volume *** up all the way on the webshots video player because for some reason it is set in the middle.

Enjoy the vids and let my kno what you think.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
rg200amp
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if only it was that easy to clean carbon, i would have a new engine by now!!!!

add some sea foam to the vacum line, cut the engine for 10 min. then do that.
THAT WILL BE CARBON CLEANING

Old 03-19-2008, 01:24 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rg200amp
if only it was that easy to clean carbon, i would have a new engine by now!!!!

add some sea foam to the vacum line, cut the engine for 10 min. then do that.
THAT WILL BE CARBON CLEANING
Its a temperary and alot funner solution! . I am truely amazed that my v-10 hasnt really had a hiccup (1 Crank shaft snsor at 73k) after 125k miles of beating. The funny thing is somtimes when i go out of town for a week, my brother drives it and he doesnt rev it at all. He says when its cold,etc it runs like crap and everything. When i get back and start driven it, she runs like shes raped every single time. Its a true testment that these engines LOVED to be reved

Old 03-19-2008, 01:28 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
BTW, if team mudd sees these vids, id be glad if put these on ur v-10 website.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
nebmike
Senior User
Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562291170qaXXXd?start=48

Video 510 is what i am refering to towards the title of the thread youll see at the end of hte vid. My buddies call it "first time". BTW turn the volume *** up all the way on the webshots video player because for some reason it is set in the middle.

Enjoy the vids and let my kno what you think.
Matt, Matt... Matt! You GOTTA get that steering wheel fixed! How can you stand to drive down the road with your wheel jacked like that?!?

That would drive me nuts.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
sooooooooooooooft shifts. Get a valve body, a shift valve, new springs or at least a tuner.

You should hear it at 5500rpm!

Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by nebmike
Matt, Matt... Matt! You GOTTA get that steering wheel fixed! How can you stand to drive down the road with your wheel jacked like that?!?

That would drive me nuts.
I get use to it. It is from the wrong pitman arm when i lifted it. They said they would send me the right one. BUT, they said i had to send the other one back first. 1.5 weeks to ship back and 1.5 weeks to ship a new one. What do i get around in? lol

Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Monsta
sooooooooooooooft shifts. Get a valve body, a shift valve, new springs or at least a tuner.

You should hear it at 5500rpm!
Is that a bad sign for my trans? Im happy u notice that cause it shifts at 5200. So it should b shifting at 5500? I was thinkin about getting the BTS valve body because of the thread in the V-10 forum that said it can prolong the life on ur trans. But i wonder if it is a noticealbe gain?

Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
A tuner or a valve body mod will make a noticable difference in the shift firmness and feel. 5200rpm is fine for a WOT shift point.

Thats how I release carbon too. I do it a tad too often though.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:51 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Me and my buddies always do "first time" thats why i am surprised that i havent had any probs besides (crank snser) with this engine. Hell, she only uses bearly half a quart every 3k. My one buddy loves it and he does it in his 07 150 4.6 lol. But as u could see in one of the vids that the shifter wouldnt go into first. Well, she doesnt go into first manaully anymore. So i have to get the shifter fixed. When i fix the shifter, im gonna try and make it strong because i cant resist "first time". Its way to addicting, especially if ur engine loves to rev since the top end is SOHC.

Also, i dont even want to kno what "first time" would be like if i had a transfer case in four low. Mines 2wd and it still throws my head in the seat. One time i did it and my buddy was behind me and said he tought my front end had hydraulics lol. Can we say v-10s are torque monsters? lol

Old 03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I just put it in drive and go. I can hit 5400rpm in first depending on load and can do 80mph in 2nd in drive. I've found if you shift manually it shifts super slow and sloppy even with my tuner. I don't beat my truck but every once and a while I'll take off from a stop with it to the floor to help it clear its throat some. I'll run a tank with fuel injector cleaner every 15k and some water remover every 4-5 months but thats about it. I'm not a fan of using a lot of cleaners and solvents because over time they leave deposits. I used to run Marvels Mystery oil in every tank on my 74' F-100 until I went to change plugs and saw the insulators were dyed red.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Ive got it past 5200 before. But that was manaully shifting into 1st. and that was 5600. Im pretty sure someone can get further by revin it in neutral

Old 03-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Genesis
Senior User
Carbon Removal

Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
Me and my buddies always do "first time" thats why i am surprised that i havent had any probs besides (crank snser) with this engine. Hell, she only uses bearly half a quart every 3k. My one buddy loves it and he does it in his 07 150 4.6 lol. But as u could see in one of the vids that the shifter wouldnt go into first. Well, she doesnt go into first manaully anymore. So i have to get the shifter fixed. When i fix the shifter, im gonna try and make it strong because i cant resist "first time". Its way to addicting, especially if ur engine loves to rev since the top end is SOHC.

Also, i dont even want to kno what "first time" would be like if i had a transfer case in four low. Mines 2wd and it still throws my head in the seat. One time i did it and my buddy was behind me and said he tought my front end had hydraulics lol. Can we say v-10s are torque monsters? lol
I'm ashamed to admit I've had my V10 5 years and I don't think I've ever nailed it. I wish gas wasn't so expensive because these V10's really do need to rev to show their true colors, and that's when the MPG's become scary. I loved the way the V10 sounds at WOT in your video. Very impressive and something I must treat myself to.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:10 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
genises, it only costs $120 new and a drille that can drille through metal to make the sound my v10 makes. Or u could go with a used Flowmaster 70 series on ebay for like $60 to $80. BTW if ur interested, i bought my FM 70 series at autozone. They had it in 3 days.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:12 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
BTW, genises, read this thread and mayb youll change your mind about floor'n the good ol v-10.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ing-style.html

U really dont save gas if u drive ur v-10 like a g-ma. When i always floor mine i notice a very small fuel usage increase. And i thought i was crazy for thinkin that until i read that thread.

Quick Reply: This is how i release the carbon outta my V-10