You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
So I have been doing some reading and want to start making BD from WVO. Tell me if I am headed in the right direction...
1. Collect WVO
2. Filter WVO to remove large chunks
3. Test Titration Levels of WVO
4. Heat WVO to 130F and turn off heat
5. Add Methoxide to Heated WVO slowly
6. Mix the mixture for about 2 hours(pump mix)
7. Let it sit
8. Drain off Glycerin from the bottom of tank
9. Wash Bio with water mister for about 24 hours
10. Let it sit and drain off water from bottom of tank
11. Run bio through drying tank with fan blowing as oil is sprayed into top of tank
12. Filter bio
13. Store bio
The questions I have are, what is the best catalyst to mix with Methanol to make the Methoxide and how do I know how much I am adding into the proccessing tank? Also, what are the times for each operation? ie: mixing, sitting, etc? Also, what else would you add? Thanks
04 crew cab 6.0 4x4
SCT XCAL2 from Matt @ Spartan
5" lift with 35's
4" MBRP turbo back straight piped to 6" single stack
some other pullin goodies
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.