Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Senior User

kc2006 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Which prosessor?

So if you had to go back and do it again, or if you are just now starting, what prosessor style would you build? Keeping costs down here, not a multi thousand dollar unit, and looking for 100-150 gallon production a month only.

I'm going back and forth between the appleseed and a barrel style. The appleseed seems nice because it's just a bolt together kit, but I kind of want to save the couple hundred and go with a barrel style (I don't want to use a used WH). Are barrel style prosessors just as safe as using a WH?

Ideally, I'd like to find a cone bottom tank, but I know they're pricey.

What would everyone use? Are there some new prosessors I didn't mention that are better?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Senior User

almost 40 views and no one has any input on the prosessor they like better? Or even their own idea they'd like to share?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Senior User

Catsailor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check out www.murphysmachines.com (I think) to see his processor - the plans cost about $100 but they look to be VERY detailed and it sounds like Murphy is really helpful. He also has plans for a nice wvo collection system "Super Sucker" I think is what its called. Also, another good site to explore is www.journeytoforever.com.
Good luck, to you and me both.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
After using an "appleseed" style processor when I first started making bio( almost 5 years ago!) I built an "open" style processor which I prefer much better. Check out my gallery for pics of the first one I built.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Senior User

Thanks for chiming in guys.

I think I'm going to do a processor based on a 55 gallon drum and weld on a cone bottom. Theres a surplus store here and they have a bunch of these dome like shaped pieces of metal. I think that would work pretty good to make a "conish" bottom. I found the cone bottom's online but it's $75 with shipping, when i can go get the dome for under 10.

I checked out your gallery before fabman, I'll check it again and look it over. Theres a post on the forum here with a 55 gallon cone bottom drum, then 2 other drums to wash and dry the fuel, I like how it's set up and it's actually what I was thinking of originally.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:22 PM