Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Senior User

cornfedp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ideas for cab removal

I need some ideas for cab removal please. I have access to a 69 F100 with a very good cab and front end. The owner of the salvage yard doesnt want to sell the whole truck. So, do you all think it would be possible to pull the cab off sideways since I dont have a way to lift it into the air?

I do have access to a flatbed with a winch.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Can you gut it first? You might be able to lift it off, if you have some help. I'd just cut off the mount bolts, and maybe roll it onto a car trailer, or the flatbed if it's low enough.
Pat W. Nebraska Chapter Leader and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 4X4
1967 F-100 Project thread

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior User

cornfedp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya, I could gut as much as I could out of it. I dont know how much a cab weighs in at bye itself.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Good question. you should ask that in the 67-72 forum. Or maybe Jake would know. I don't know if he's had the cab off of his or not. I bet a couple of guys would be able to lift it.
Pat W. Nebraska Chapter Leader and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 4X4
1967 F-100 Project thread

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Post Fiend

husker is a name known to allhusker is a name known to allhusker is a name known to allhusker is a name known to allhusker is a name known to allhusker is a name known to all
Probably would take about 4 people to lift it off after it is guted, or maybe 8 if they are like me. LOL

Actually it probably isn't that heavey when it is cleaned out, but just akward and if it is good you don't want to crunch or bend it.
78 Bronco
54 F250
64 Thunderbird
Old 03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I haven't had the cab off. When I changed beds my brother and I just grabbed a hold in the fender wells and lifted. It was a bit awkward, but 2 of us were able to handle it. I don't know about the cab though. I would think 2 "big boys" could handle it, but you never know.

-Jake

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Post when I get chance

bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.bucks77ford has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'd get four guys. You don't want to mess up a good cab. Take the doors off and the seat out and it will be pretty easy. Easier yet, if you strip the cab down to nothing. I can't imagine it weighing more than my 77, and I had four guys and It was a piece of cake. Maybe could do it with two, but I wouldn't try it. You will have to take it out from side to side instead of front or back. And having a couple extra guys on each side will make things faster and easier and won't drop the cab resulting in dents or something.

77 F250 4x4 Highboy 521 stroker
75 F250 2wd Supercab 460
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter

Tags
1995, 64, cab, f150, faster, ford, removal, truck