Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Thumbs down It's Started............

Why? http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/us/11biofuel.html?

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 03-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Senior User

evictorwalli is starting off with a positive reputation.
So now Biodiesel refiners are going to have clean up there act as well they should. It will only take a few to tarnish the entire industry. Biofuel producers need to do something about this...welcome regulations, bring in a permiting system, a watchdog group. Just because they make a "green" product doesn't been they should be allowed to pollute. Nobody has the right to us our streams and rivers as a dump.

1988 F-250 4x4 7.3L 5Spd XLT SC LB K&N AF 150,000M Great Shape Super Clean Project Truck

1988 F-250 4x4 7.3L 5Spd XLT SC LB K&N AF 286,000M Beach/Wood/ Hunting/Fishing/soon to be parts truck

2005 AWD Freestyle Bride's Rig
Old 03-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm the opposite of tree hugger, but anyone that would dump this in a water way should feel some leather across their back!

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Senior User

HAB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Leather!

Leather!! I think thats mighty soft punishment. Polluting our waterways, the same source of drinking water for many, should be a Capital Offense.
Seriously though, I happen to own 150 acres on a small creek immediately down stream from a small Biofuel plant under construction and due to come on line very soon. With cattle and other livestock depending on that water daily, I am very concerned with the possibility of pollution and any possible loss of water quality. Regulation here is some of the most lax in the nation so it a very real possibility. I fully support biofuel production, but its got to be done in a safe and clean manner. With bussinesses looking to cut every corner (possibly dumping instead of processing waste?) good regulation and enforcement will be absolutely necessary.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior User

TchTchr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkidd
I'm the opposite of tree hugger, but anyone that would dump this in a water way should feel some leather across their back!
I don't you have to be a "tree hugger" to protect our natural resources. I love trees, but I also have wooden furniture. There are responsible means to acheive the ends we may want and need. I congratulate your outrage of such actions of polluting businesses.

Vehicles:

2001 F-250 CC - Vegistroke, many performance goodies - scary fast off the line

1981 Mercedes 300TDT - greasecar conversion, what a highway cruiser!

1963 Chevy II - bone stock - restored (by me), my grandpa bought new, my first car (1980) - my baby
Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Senior User

TchTchr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote from the article:

“They’re environmental Jimmy Swaggarts, in my opinion,” said Representative Brian P. Bilbray, Republican of California, who spoke out against the $18 billion energy package recently passed by Congress that provides tax credits for biofuels. “What is being sold as green fuel just doesn’t pencil out.”

It DOES pencil out IF the corporations act in a responsible manner. I imagine every AM radio host is jumping on this sort of crap to promote their point of view which ultimately lines their pockets and doesn't make our living conditions any better.

Vehicles:

2001 F-250 CC - Vegistroke, many performance goodies - scary fast off the line

1981 Mercedes 300TDT - greasecar conversion, what a highway cruiser!

1963 Chevy II - bone stock - restored (by me), my grandpa bought new, my first car (1980) - my baby
Old 03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, this won't work, its people like this that are going to try to outlaw the use of biodiesel, screwing it up for the rest of us.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Freshman User

Herkmafia is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TchTchr
Quote from the article:

“They’re environmental Jimmy Swaggarts, in my opinion,” said Representative Brian P. Bilbray, Republican of California, who spoke out against the $18 billion energy package recently passed by Congress that provides tax credits for biofuels. “What is being sold as green fuel just doesn’t pencil out.”

It DOES pencil out IF the corporations act in a responsible manner. I imagine every AM radio host is jumping on this sort of crap to promote their point of view which ultimately lines their pockets and doesn't make our living conditions any better.
I wonder if he's "penciled out" ethanol!
Old 03-29-2008, 01:17 AM