Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Hey, We Need Some New Threads Here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Hey, We Need Some New Threads Here.

We need some new and exciting threads posted here in the Arizona Chapter. The only things exciting in my life are my Nitro RC truck & our new to us Blazer.I had some issues with the Blazer, it was throwing a P305 code. Which is a misfire in #5 cyl. It only did it when water was introduced to the front of car, (under hood or under truck). So I changed the plug & put on a set of plug wires & I'm pretty sure I got it fixed. Bart, Prescott Honda told me to go get it fixed & have the bill sent to them, but being the old motor head I am I had to fix it myself. I registered on the Blazer Forum & got some helpful tips. You know between you guys & the Blazer forum I just know Bill Gates will be calling me SOON begging me to come to work with him. I'm getting so techy I can't believe it.

I got my HPI Nitro MT2 running this week. It runs great, Maybe I need to fuel inject it & add a computer control system to it. Man the possibilities are growing. I might have to come out of hiding, I mean retirement. I can see I'm going to be in BIG DEMAND SOON.
Craig

Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,134 Posts
nothing exciting here, just pulled the pan off of the 454 trying to find a new noise and I found it. #7 rod is kinda Z shaped.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought all BBC rods were supose to look like that. So do you rebuild the bottom end?

Kermmydog, The Idea of a hobbie thread sounds good? You are in to RC Trucks
what other hobbies do you have? Me Well I'm not Keeping any bees this year, Too bad cause this year will be very good for blooms, I did that for three years. I still fly my airplane once in a while, The club that I belong to is putting up some new Awnings starting tomorrow 20 X 70 abouts that I will be Painting all the Posts and Purlins whatever color they choose! Last year we raised 12,000 dollars for runway widening and other improvements last year I just don ated some $$ for the project, This time i have to work. lol.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
JUST NO B/S threads PLEASE!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:28 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
RCs, Custom Knifemaking, & repairing my F250, that is enough. I have an allergy to working so I have to limit things a little. Plus I'm waiting for the call from Bill Gates. I know he has a place for a computer wiz like me. I'd hate to be too busy and have to turn him down.
Craig

Old 03-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Bummer! All the Good Threads are Taken!

Just found the Hobbie thread Guess we cant start one of those!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:42 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I got a new lift, and new tires......but I don't think it qualifies for it's own thread lol.....that's my only news! Craig....I have been running alot of trains to Needles lately, I could blow the horn for you and give you a thrill maybe one of these days haha

Old 03-12-2008, 08:42 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,134 Posts
going to throw the street performance 350 back in it, my son turns 16 in 2 weeks and wants to drive it. the 500 hp 454 can get a little hard on drive train componets, tires, frames and the gas tank.

[QUOTE=Bill W]I thought all BBC rods were supose to look like that. So do you rebuild the bottom end?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:40 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Travis,

You would have to do a special toot coming through Kingman. Most of those guys lay on it at my end of town. because of the 2 crossings 2nd street & 4th street. Give it a honk. When I lived in Carlin Nevada I knew an Engineer that ran from Winnemucca to Elko. Every so often I would hear a strange honk or an extra one & know it was him. I love the trains & most of the time don't even hear them. Around midnight or so I seem to always hear a couple. I was told that a guy that is from here is an Engineer & he signals his wife when he comes through. I was just told this so I have no idea if is true.
You guys still have snow in Flag?

Craig

Hey, Bill W what do you mean NO B/S, boy when did you get all straight forward? Ha, Ha. You know we could start calling it BW.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm.......I guess we need a "code honk" haha. I know of 3 guys that live in Kingman that work for Railroad, all conductors. I'm sure there are a few Engineers also.....I just don't know them! Still a bit of snow in the shady spots, but it's pretty much gone!

Old 03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered a70-300 mm zoom lens for my olympus e-500 digital slr!

anyone got $350 i can borrow til tuesday?

i'm not sure which tuesday I can pay it back,,, just know it will be tuesday =D

Mark

Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
What are you planning to do? Take pictures of the Moon. Hahaha!

I have been checking out some digital Camcorders here lately,
Seems you need about a grand to get a nice one.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
these are some of the pics i've taken with the zoom lenses I have already!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark85224/

Old 03-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
WOW! the poppys and lupin are beautiful this time of year. Pic 084 what is that Coliflower?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by AzBlueWolf
these are some of the pics i've taken with the zoom lenses I have already!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark85224/
Nice pictures, I like playing with a camera also. I have a Fuji FinePix 2600 Zoom, with 2.0 mega pixels. It wasn't that expensive, a few hundred dollars, but it takes good pictures as far as I'm concerned. Camera's are like any electronic device, When you buy the latest & greatest by the time you get home another product is out that is suppose to be even bigger & better. I have a close friend that is a professional photographer that has done work for Nevada Magazine & others, & he always told me the real difference come when you do your own developing.

Craig

Quick Reply: Hey, We Need Some New Threads Here.