Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
New User

fordfam01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
check engine soon light 05 f150

I am looking for some help! My husband just bought truck two weeks ago and now check engine soon light on and it puttered while going up hill and then just died! And no, he did not listen to me and buy a warranty....Truck has 67,000. I know he probably needs to take it and have the codes checked and I read some stuff about a dspe sensor, too. So any help would be appreciated! Plus, if anyone can advise on the mpg this truck usually gets that would also be great, my husband said that the electronic read out on the dash said only 11 hwy, could this be right? Thanks so much.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Junior User

White Shadow is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can buy a cheap code reader at any autoparts store, they are easy to use, and with todays shop rates, it would pay for itself in 1-2 uses. You can search this website for code explanations, or you could post them here and we'll be glad to help. I don't know what specific truck model you have, whether 2wd or 4wd ect... But a 5.4 should average better than 11mpg.
1966 E50 powered Jeep Gladiator Pickup
1979 E20 powered Mustang 2.3
1987 B50 powered 6.9 Diesel F350
Old 03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
New User

fordfam01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Red face thanks for helping

Thank you, white shadow for the information. I appreciate your input. I will get him a code reader soon. He took it back to the dealership and they replaced the fuel filter and pump, at no cost (thank goodness). Definately made a difference when he brought it home, it has much more acceleration now. But we will see if that was the real problem. I am not completely sure it is there is just something in the way it drives that makes me think that may not be the whole issue. The truck is a 2 wd supercrew short bed with the 5.4 and the sales guy had told him it got better gas mileage than the 1985 Bronco he had, but at 11 mpg's it's not much of a difference. Again, we will see and if not I may seek out additional help.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage