2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spilled coffee on dash,now stuck on defroster

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:55 AM
kenja
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question spilled coffee on dash,now stuck on defroster

how do i get dash apart to clean coffee off of vanes so air selector [from floor to defroster to mid level to etc] will work again ? i spilled coffee on the dash and wiped it off but some must have dripped through the crack between the steering wheel and the metal piece around the stereo sytem [ when looking at it from drivers seat ] i assume the sugar in the coffee dried and glued it in place because since the next day it hasnt worked , the electrical is fine because when i try to change air positions i hear the gears moving over each other. any thoughts?
thanks ken

Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Twinsdad98
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I would recommend a spill proof cup! Sorry, just had to say that. As to the trim around the radio, it's actually just plastic and snaps in. It's easy to pop out, start from the bottom and work your way up. There have been several threads about removing it, so if you search, you can find more detailed directions. Once you have that off, you should be able to see any coffee stains and what needs to be cleaned. Go luck..