Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
New biodiesel process

New biodiesel process, check it out! http://augnet.augsburg.edu/news-arch...08/sartec.html
Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
I couldn't get the movie to download, what kind of process was it?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Senior User

Tom D is starting off with a positive reputation.
[quote=fabmandelux]New biodiesel process, check it out! http://augnet.augsburg.edu/news-archives/2008/03_09_08/sartec.html[/QUOTE]
Sounds great Don. As soon as I put the finishing touches on this processor, I am ready to build this one LOL. Tom
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Wow.......The "farm level" sounds extremely interesting. I've got 5 acres here, so I should be able to produce what....4.5 million gallons per year. Tho I would be perfectly content with about 100 gallons per month.

Any idea as to what the catalyst is?
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Senior User

tr0y is starting off with a positive reputation.
My sister in law works there as a financial aid councilor maybe Ill shoot her an email and see if they would share. They have filed a patent so it will be public shortly I am sure there is a way to adapt this to small scale private production.

Soon to add 4" turbo back, Guages, and SCT with some tunes, and of course I would bet new headgaskets and studs when the truck tells me it needs them.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Senior User

uliman is starting off with a positive reputation.
very cool and exciting; this could be worth watching and investing in; I especially like the proposed use of algae oils; we can grow this stuff just about anywhere
Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds very close to Fabmans pulse mixer that he came up with a good while back. I dont get yet how they are getting away from the Koh or NaOh. That would be great then. Invest invest invest buy stock hurry up.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Senior User

tradergem is starting off with a positive reputation.
The video says they are using a Sulfated Metal Oxide Catalyst instead of KOH or NaOH for the catalyst. If I understand their process correctly it sounds like the Sulfated Metal Oxide Catalyst is a form of solid acid catalyst. If this is correct then that also explains why they are not producing any soap since they are not using any bases such as KOH or NaOH. I wonder how much energy it takes to reach the operating temps and pressures for the process to work?
Jim
1990 F250 XLT 7.3L N/A E4OD 4X4 4:10 axle ratios
Old 03-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Senior User

TchTchr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interesting and exciting stuff! What a great read to end the day.

Vehicles:

2001 F-250 CC - Vegistroke, many performance goodies - scary fast off the line

1981 Mercedes 300TDT - greasecar conversion, what a highway cruiser!

1963 Chevy II - bone stock - restored (by me), my grandpa bought new, my first car (1980) - my baby
Old 03-16-2008, 12:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels