New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Opinions of our govenour

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:57 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
All I can see Lenny is it looks like you were just looking for a fight.
I don't know where to start with this one!

Originally Posted by Bdox
It's laughable that you put your opinion on legal matters above those of a veteran lawmaker, I don't care what you think of his politics.
Congress makes laws, right? Anyone in Congress who has been there more than, say, several years, is 'veteran', right? What are you saying, we shouldn't question the opinions of members of Congress?

This from the person who questions EVERYONE'S opinion (in government), with the exception(s), perhaps, of Ron Paul and Barack Obama?

C'mon, Bruce....You're saying all this stuff just to generate a response, right?.......Right?......

Old 03-22-2008, 10:00 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by krewat
Steve, I couldn't agree more.

Like I said, I voted for the idiot.
Thanks for that, Art....

And there's a lot of regrets that I have with Bush...What with having voted for HIM twice and all.....

Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Tedybear
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cmpd1781
Thanks for that, Art....

And there's a lot of regrets that I have with Bush...What with having voted for HIM twice and all.....
That's the problem with Politics in general. No matter the thought process, when you vote for the lesser "evil"? You are still selecting "evil". This is also coming from a rigid consertive as well. And I take a lot of crap from my job for being the only consertive in the whole area LOL.

However let's keep in mind that Spitzer was caught using some of his own methods, emails and text messages..all that fun stuff. And he does come off as being extremely "high and mighty" considering he used the same tools to jail people that did the same type things as he did.

He did get nailed, and yes he did use his own funds for his mattress mombo lessons. But the amount of funds transferred, setting up a "WhamBahm" session over state lines...All these rules and laws, etc... And he got hoysted up on his own fanny. Even when I do company deposits that wind up getting wire-transferred out of NYS to the corp. office? At times I have to fill out the paperwork showing where the revenue came from, and why the transfer. He had so many red flags going off just from his banks it was laughable.

I am so sick of politics as usual in Albany (and heck, in the nations capital as well) This system needs an enema to flush out all the b/s from politics and get the system back in the hands of the people..and not a bunch of morons that are interested in power brokering.

We are stuck... People running for office with the wild promises of free government this...that..and the other.. "Vote for ME and I'll give you X,Y,Z". I'm happy just to tell 'em to flake off and get out of my life...Do the job the system requires you to do...No More...No Less.. I do not want the government to give me a darn thing. After all? Why should I rely on the government to provide for me the things I should do for myself?

Yeah I know...Off on a tangent...

Latest rumor was that Spitzer was off to the couch for "emotional" aid for his addiction to his "problem". Great...Let's use this to attempt to get support for a sleezeball...make people believe "Gee, how bad for him...now he is getting 'treatment' for his sickness"...These guys spin so much they should all be in charge of the laundry--their spin cycle is fantastic.

S-

Old 03-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cmpd1781
Let's be honest here, Bruce.....You started the name-calling.....and yet, as always, you weren't called on it by FTE officialdom......You're the official 'baiter' here sometimes, and that stuff is tolerated.

Now......I don't mind it directed at me (which it has been in the past)....But PLEASE....Don't belittle your position as official 'winked-at, and encouraged, FTE baiter' (i.e......Calling people 'son').....by putting on angel wings and talking about guys going off on 'poor, little old' you because of some perception of you defending Spitzer!

p.s. This is the NEW YORK chapter......Not Club FTE.....Show a little respect!
Steve - I was off-line when this all went down and questioned if the thread needed to be shutdown and/or deleted. Art had already posted in it so I figured I would follow his lead.

But if the thread goes off topic again or we get into name calling again I will have it locked and possibly deleted. As you stated, this is not Club FTE and this stuff does not need to be in the regular Chapter forum.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:14 AM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ronin007
Steve - I was off-line when this all went down and questioned if the thread needed to be shutdown and/or deleted. Art had already posted in it so I figured I would follow his lead.

But if the thread goes off topic again or we get into name calling again I will have it locked and possibly deleted. As you stated, this is not Club FTE and this stuff does not need to be in the regular Chapter forum.
On that note.... filtering out all non-local posts would make this thread absolutely useless....
I'll have to pull the plug on this one...